Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Sometimes parents of teens just gotta laugh

I need to share something very funny... well in my sick humor it is funny to me..
I am not sure you all know but I have in home therapy (mental health) in the home for my teen to deal with teen issues, the program is called TBOSS and please do not ask me what they stand for but it is described: for children and adolescents and their family who display a high frequency of disruptive and impulsive behaviors and serious emotional disturbances. TBOSS provides individualized therapeutic approach where the disruptive behavior occurs, allowing access to a child’s natural behaviors, environments and caregivers, including the home, school, and day care. Treatment focuses on peer interactions and socially acceptable behavior.
The person coming has a master level degree... So it has been the best material any stand up comedian could hope to have... seriously!

I have to share a piece because most is privileged personal I can not share because you know who I am talking about but this was way way too funny I just have to share...

In discussing career choices, planning for transition the plan has been what schooling to stick with, add to or plan for and when. I gave my points and needed to just listen after that... As the therapist explained the difference from getting a job with a high school diploma verses a career where you would have a 401K for retirement... He stops to be sure she is understanding the conversation... He asks her if she knows what a 401K is.... She responds quickly; "Yes I do" He asks will you explain what you know it to be... she says; "it is when you have kids" He explains it would be good to have a career and a 401K if you are having children yes but how does a 401K work for your financial future? She stated she learned it from the BMA's, he said oh, how might that be? she says; "Chelsea Handler taught me about 401K's" really? "Justin Beebers mom got her 401K the day he was born." "Chelsea Handler said so!" I KID YOU NOT..... I did not bust out laughing....He didn't know what to say to this and she went on to explain... so oh my goodness my daughter is getting her financial planning off the BMA's.... kinda matches her comment tonight...

She says to me; Mom my teacher said to me today I should be thankful I have good looks.... wasn't that nice...

Oh dear, oh dear......this being the child that now has to take her medications before she gets to put on her eye liner because the one thing she never forgets before school is her eye liner...which now is encased in an envelope that says...TAKE YOUR PILL BEFORE YOU APPLY EYE LINER! LOL