Tuesday, December 21, 2010

My problem with blogging is that I was raised if you do not have anything nice to say, say nothing at all.... I am sure I have lots to say nice but lately when something starts out nice it tends to turn not so nice and I for whatever reason am struggling with the whole life just isn't fair..... and I know as a mom I should be able to swallow it to understand everything in life isn't fair although as an adult I want to be a part of making it fair although changing life's history seems a tad bit out of my league of advocacy. Although knowing me I am going to take the hard road and try... where is my head...it is out there...

#1 I have had an ear infection double and feeling miserable although without health insurance I will hold out to every home remedy and many times send myself deeper in pain, who knows what medically I risk but without health insurance it is what it is... some say go to ER for everything, my credit report says that is not a good plan, My brain goes to why does my ex have quality health care paid by tax payers while residing in prison for committing a crime unspeakable..... yet I adopt 9 children all having special needs give up my career, devote my life to the welfare of children and I can not get antibiotics... well I can but I do not QUALIFY for any help so I would have to fit it into the budget...

Then we QUALIFY for nothing, really nothing.... absolutely nothing.... I hear our country did a energy program and to QUALIFY for the perk you have to be elderly, disabled or have a child under the age of 5 years old...I am a shoe in 7 children disabled, one under 1 to boot..... shoe in...NOPE we do not QUALIFY. I know I should be thrilled that our income doesn't QUALIFY us but when you sit in a lobby where every woman has her nails done, hair tied twisted, highlighted fresh cuts and fashion clothes with crystal clean new shoes... with some average cars I wonder..... when they figure the income to QUALIFY do they understand that with 7 children who are disabled I replace the average toilet way more often than the average household, I drive a van that takes 10X more to run, more windows are broken from fly away baseballs, holes repaired..oh refrigerators wear out or stoves get broken more often than the average household.... how about all the doctors appointments hotels for out of town medical needs, hey the fact it is two hotel rooms not one.... but where does that play into the equation.... because we just do not QUALIFY... ''Here is my grip...

A person on SSI receiving 674.00 a month gets additional $180.00 for food... for one person. but because I have more than one... they get nothing because they do not QUALIFY... not that I want food stamps but please if there is some energy credit...for a person with disabilities...toss the perk out where it makes sense... no I do not lie, I will not babysit and not report it, I do not sell any drugs or work under the table and if I earned any income I would report it and do.... so I do not get my nails done any longer, I am in need of a hair cut, I am without medical care and we do save every bit we can by cutting each and every corner possible... who gets a new refrigerator delivered in hours for $20.00 a person who works her budget to the penny..... My house is busting at the seams with kids toys, therapy equipment and kids clothes.... My life is providing for their needs... we are not NEEDING for anything but ghee it would have been nice to have that little extra because we QUALIFIED for a little perk.....