Saturday, May 9, 2009

It was a great day.....W A S......

The girls and I went to get Kaitlyn's shoes and picked up some more jewelry for their complete wedding wears...then to the alteration fitting...all was going great...over to the mall we grab a smoothie and begin window shopping... I need to find a dress...I am not sure how we ended in; Hot Topic, Journey, wet seal, Justice and other size 0 to 4 shops... I did find the PERFECT dress for Emma at Dillard's although the one in her size had a snag..I will check the other stores because it was PERFECT. Then off to the women's --it is MOMS time.... My cell phone rings...it is Mandie..... Steven has gone missing.. she said they were making Morhter's day gifts which he was great about. When she went to making the chocolate pies he didn't want to participate. She said he got dressed to go out and play--fenced in back yard!!! She made the pies and then went to get him to come in for a shower.... no Steven. She was in a panic, I told her to go to his friends home... he was not there. I told her I was already heading home but she needs to call 911. They had been searching for about 10 minutes by this time and that is my limit. She called the police who informed her they have him...she said it can't be the same kid because the directions of where he was found were too far away. The operator told her to proceed to the location that they believe it is him.. She insisted it simply could not be him as it is over 2 miles from our home and impossible for him to walk that far, that fast... They continue to tell her to go to the location.. as she drives she then realizes it is across the street from his school. As she approaches; Steven is in the police car. They told her he was red faced and very tired when he WALKED INTO SOMEONES HOME.... The house is yellow with a green car parked out front...SAME AS OURS. When he entered the home he yelled out "Mom I back". The woman in the home was startled with Steven going to her refrigerator to get a drink of water she called 911. The police insisted he walked...I got on the phone and told her no way..ask him where his bike is and he clearly states "at my school" She turned around and drove back to the school and he directed her to the bus ramp and there sat KAITLYN's 3 wheel bike parked in front of the closed, locked shut gate to the bus ramp. Steven began to cry when he saw my van turn the corner and locate him and the bike- in Mandie's car. He must have said he was sorry a thousand times in the first couple of minutes he saw me.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

I will go back to the mall during the week when they are all safe in school!!!