Thursday, August 14, 2008

Lucas thru Miami for a loop.....

The Judge in Miami hasn't done an Adoption disruption in his career and felt he couldn't move forward until he understood the "complicated" case.... Ghee all the documentation is there, I cannot believe another snag to get simple paperwork completed. I need paperwork that says he is in my care LEGALLY.... I guess it thrills me that he hasn't seen disruptions although I know one will come before him again tomorrow so maybe he will learn more about these cases. I am told he will decide if he wants a full hearing or just meet with our attorney on Monday or Tuesday. It is 3 hours for me and $$$$ so I pray he picks up on it fast....

Today has been one of anxiety waiting for word and the kids anxious to get to school... The lists are growing and shopping is packed. I will go when help is here so the children can play as I fight the crowds.

Open house is tonight for Steven and Keirsten which both are the same school just new placements. Steven has had the same teacher for several years as the ESE setting (which I do not wish he was in) He is in Gen Ed most of the day but I am not convinced that actually occurs. You know you can just tell by the conversations, homework and such... Keirsten is now wanting to get into Challenger..Here is how a 14 year old decides schools.... "Where they go on their end of the year class trip"..... Where she goes to school now, they go to Bush Gardens for the day and the school Kaitlyn goes to has another destination and she is trying to figure out where that is..

I need Monday to come for the 5 hours of silence and a bottle of bubbly, oh that's right....I have a toddler this year..lol So I will settle for no arguing. His testing is Tuesday to get him into Pre-K at Skyline. I have my teacher preference.