Saturday, August 16, 2008

Today was uneventful as a mom of MANY loves. The kids always get up before mom so the rule is they play in their bedrooms until 8 am. Like an alarm clock Tressa starts at the stroke of eight "Mom it's eight o'clock time for cereal" and those words repeat until mom gets the kitchen unlocked and milk into the bowl..... no way a snooze button will work. anyone interested in learning more about Tressa check out http://www.pwsausa.org/

We enjoyed breakfast and moved into the Saturday morning usual cleaning our rooms. Some weeks I need one of those HUGE snow shovels from up North to scoop everything to a pile... see if I send them all to their rooms to clean they have enough time to outwit me.well they use to. I believe they have passed room stuffing 110 graduate level... I mean they are CREATIVE.. so I beat them at their own game... Since I am out numbered here I sweep EVERYTHING not in the correct place to the center of the house... oh has this bit me more than once from unexpected Saturday morning visits... but hey.. we are a home of many and some things are necessary. So picture the center of our home with six kids "STUFF" everything not put away in a week in piles and they start to put everything one at a time into it's place. I then make a tasty cup of java and keep a watchful eye on the progress.. you know some like to hang up dirty clothes and other like to put clean into the laundry for quicker clean up. So we all work together as the washer runs, the kids find things they had lost all week and their rooms are sparkle clean.. I am in my room 1/2 the time doing my own room --Good example.. LOL

So once the major work is done our in home support person arrives so we can move on to Bowling leagues.. Only the bowlers are going so the other children can stay home and enjoy their last summer vacation weekend. The afternoon was spent with two at bowling 1:30 till about 4:30 pm and the others went to the movies. Once home we made dinner and the clothes from laundry put into closets for SCHOOL.... everything set for what they will wear Monday-Friday. Their book bags packed and by the front door with strict instructions not to get into them. A quick dip into the pool and dinner is done. Baths, bedtime routine and quiet time is here. Eight o'clock our support person leaves and it is a nice quiet home with some laundry going and the dishwasher in the background running..... the adult son is here to sit the sleeping children and now it is: My time. So off the blog and out to see some friends....... LIFE IS GOOD!