Sunday, August 17, 2008

Tropical Storm FAY; "STAY AWAY!"

It was a family day here with the van staying parked even with very tempting ads in today’s paper. Michelle dropped Ayden off for the day and took Keirsten to the mall for new shoes and a book bag from Hot Topics. The mall and nine small children (mine and Michelle’s) just did not appeal to me…Playing outside in the pool having ice cream cones seemed the better deal and I opted for that.
Ayden started walking this week and has a smile that just makes all who see it smile too. Lucas was jockeying for his spot to be the same while Ayden was here and it was really the first sign of “ownership.” A little whining today from sharing his chair and my lap although with reassurance he handled it like a big boy. I put dinner in the croc pot which made the house smell SOOOO good this afternoon, the goal to eat a tad bit early and baths in on time, bedtime routine maybe 15 minutes early and asleep before 8… The storm FAY is bringing in some bands of rainy weather so it is nice an overcast to create a more dark sky—easier for them to fall asleep to. So being 8 pm they are ALL ASLEEP! The alarm is set for 5:30 and coffee on…. The couch has everyone’s clothes, shoes and book bags upon it and the bus harnesses are next to the door.. lunch’s are made and in the refrigerator and I am SOOOOOO ready for some r and r so please; FAY, “STAY AWAY!!!” If you all remember when Charley hit our coast (MY HOUSE) it was the first week of school, the day we Moms had been looking forward to. Back then (4 yrs ago) I did not have the Medwaiver supports in home so that year I was on the edge the day Charley hit, over the top would be a good statement for me those hurricane days. Picture me with all the kids in a small hotel room and Kaitlyn having a broken foot in a cast and breaking the cast in the hotel at the pool. Oh my goodness I ust remembered the first day at that hotel and the kids having and accident (BM) in the indoor pool…. OH my, were those the days! LOL Now I am living each day with ease although the kids are the ones anxious to get with their friends.

I have a couple of very cute moments: Peter Pan has been a re-run video here for the week. Tressa came in to my room this morning and said… Mom I had a dream in my head, right here behind my forehead. You know what? Captain hook came into my room and put his sword in my back and made it bleed down my back to my feet…and you know what? Peter Pan came in so fast and saved me… He took me to where Tinker bell is getting her lights fixed because she was loosing her lights because she was sick….