Monday, April 6, 2009

It's a manic Monday

I am adjusting as one would. Today started with an 8:15 ortho appointment to learn Jordan's elbow has healed in the form of a beak...like a birds beak...and the ???bone has healed ALTHOUGH in about two years if I see a distorted formation or distended elbow while he uses it I will need to revisit it but today we do not need surgery. Emma was with me and the Dr. was very kind to take the time to get to know her. This doctor is one of my favorite for bedside manners. He then informed me that having my family as his patients over the years has made him a better Doctor. He said that when he thinks his life is overwhelming, full to the rim he often remembers my journey in life and how much he thinks of my work with the kids...and his problems seem to fade away. He is a wonderful man.

9:15 the follow up from surgery for Steven's ears. He is released with a clean bill of health...he can fully swim and all activities back to normal...He sure made Steven's spring break a whole lot better. Emma again brought on conversations and one of the nurses is going to sign up...Yep! She is calling the social worker to get a home study so she can be in line for a baby girl with Down syndrome or other (not perfect newborn) I call it Designer Genes.

Off to the house, Mandie is regularly here at noon although she has taken on the flu...full fledged out on her sick bed. I am flying solo today.

Once home Erin and Lara are still home, Erin is looking for work on line and placing ads places to seek employment...the day was going forward to the noon hour when I gave Emma Rose a bottle and needed some sleep...about two and a half hours later I hear blood curdling screaming from Lara. I knew the scream was more than a spat with kids...I ran to the window to see Erin running back to the house with Lara in her arms and blood running from Lara's foot... Under cold water it is 100% ER bound. Erin is shacking. Lara had been riding the bile with croc's on and her foot went into the chain and ripped into the sprocket's and chain and a real mess.... 20 stitches and a traumatic trip to ER... Erin's first visit for trauma with Lara so she was shaken to the core... A stop for some ice cream at McDonald's was the end result and made things a little better.

At home while the ER had Lara at home the kids ran out to the bike. Jordan was with Lara at the time and was the one to run in and tell Erin of the problem. Steven took a towel, Kaitlyn grabbed the hose and Jordan brought in the bloody shoe Lara left behind. As I watch they carefully bring the bike back to the house, wash it off wrap the towel around the chain area and then wrap the hose around the towel. Just like we wrapped Lara's foot to transport her to the hospital.... then Kaitlyn says with a serious tone.."Mom, we need to get my bike to Wal Mart, it is bleeding".......LOL That is where her bike came from.