Friday, February 4, 2011

EVERBLADES here we come......

Thank you Christy for the link for the Dream Home. I must have been on your mind. It was a tough morning. I do not know why I let some little things bother me so much but when it comes to my children it means everything even the little things.

Jordan snuck some soda to school, took care of that. Tressa didn't wipe well and had an odor this morning, I REALLY NEED A BA DAY!!! well TRESSA really needs a baday. Then comes the ever dreaded call back to the middle school...

I called Wed. and they said the Hockey tickets that were being given out to the students are in the kids' bookbags. OK, when Kaitlyn got home no tickets, she was insistent that she was not given the tickets, very sure she did not have anyone give her tickets. She actually got mad that I wanted to go through her book bag. Thursday I call the school and again they say the tickets were given out and her blue slip is in the envelope with the tickets... No tickets, no blue slip and no envelope.. so I look through Steven's bookbag (same school) nope.. So we have to drive to the school because Steven is sick and appears he might vomit on the bus ride home. I drive out and go into the school to discuss tickets...ticket person is gone for the day.. Friday TODAY I cal and ask to speak to the ticket lady... She explains that Kaitlyn never turned in the slip to get tickets.. OH HOLD ON A MINUTE.... I am 100% sure Kaitlyn turned in the slip because it had a request for 10 tickets and it was in question because they were tickets for family only....I explained the kids PCA helpers would be going so that I did not have an issue with steep bleachers..pucks, cool air, etc. Now they say she didn't turn in the slip...AND that all the tickets are spoken for they got 600 tickets sponsored to the school for students and their families to go..OK, well our bus driver is going..... you know me, I love to talk, I am chatty Mary .... GATHERING INFO before you approach situations... I am a good listener. Amazing how many people tell me I am a good listener. Well if you are not a good listener you can not gather information now can you... OK, I get it, my children do get to do a lot of things. That has a lot to do with me searching out free activities, coupons, deals, and advocating for anything out there. I do not steal or lie. I have no problem asking for anything for my children. I would not be so frustrated is so many things pass the kids by when the school doesn't get information to parents with children who have special needs. Most kids "hear" things and can speak up, Kaitlyn is oblivious because she is focused on getting to class, doing the right thing all the time. Steven well he filled out the blue form himself before I ever saw it so that was simply a lost cause...I could have filled both out seeking 5 on each and not gotten the sticker shock of Oh my gosh one family wants ten tickets... yes we are a family of more than 2.5 children. I have all the extra .5's....

No fear, momma Tiger here... The Pringle children will be at the rink tomorrow night per treat of the EVERBLADE'S TEAM... They told me to be sure the kids' come with sweaters. YEAH!! they have never been to a Hockey Game so this is going to be interesting. I am hoping very little fighting this week would be good. I am doing it solo as well..... Pray for me, bleachers 7 little uncoordinated people and no experience to what to expect. LOL the journey of being their mommy.