Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Verbal praise

Positive reinforcements WORK!

Jordan has been interested in wearing a tie to school almost every day since school has started. I was not prepared with a wardrobe to meet his desire but in watching his point sheets it has come clear I need to get shopping. When he wears a tie to school, has has STAR days. Friday we did not have a clean collar shirt and he wore shorts and t-shirt...NOT A GOOD DAY..

This week Monday and today both star days, both days he has worn a tie. He is too cute in his BUSINESS attire. Dress for Success... people notice and make positive remarks to him.

I am stopping at all the GOODWILL Stores and run into look at their tie selection 99 cents each. Last week I found a tie full of $1,0000.00 bills, his favorite. It was not a clip on tie and really not for kids.. He wore it yesterday and came home with 100% on his behavioral sheet.. PERFECT DAY. I saw that the tie was in place, and had a couple spots on it. I asked him if he got a little lunch on his tie...His response "No, just some pee" LOL He proceeded to tell me "I peed on my tie 2 times" LOL too funny. The men's ties are about 3 to 4 inches longer than the boys ties so when he goes to the bathroom the end is too long, gets in the way.

Today, I hit a GOODWILL and found five very cool ties. One has BEARS, one has FISH and some plain ones because he has plaid shirts which solid ties will work with.. He loves wearing ties; his campus life is "like being a teacher" he says.