Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Just my opinion

I need to get this off my chest then I will move on about the kids.

President Obama is in town this morning. It was only a few days notice and families stood in long lines to get (two per person) of the 1500 tickets to the TOWN HALL meeting at Harbour side convention center. Media was informed 1500 tickets. After camping out all night only 250 were handed out to the people in the community considered to be "townhall" reps for our community. This being 125 people of the thousand in line, camping out.

The White house gave out 1200 tickets to selected people they wanted in the audience!! This is politics at it's finest. I wonder what seats the 250 get to select from? The back 1/4, I am sure.

This is not a TOWN HALL meeting this is a RALLY for support. I believe this may turn sour for many who have hope for CHANGE, this is good ole boy networking and in our community we already suffer a great deal from a strong arm good ole boy network in much of our local government.

This is equal to an IEP loaded with many people who know our kids better than us...the parent..right...loaded guns people.... I thought we were heading for change...This is setting the stage for being just another political event... If a political want to know how the real family is living ...

Roll up your sleeves and get into the trenches.. Use your front line staff and allow them to speak freely without retribution for their candidness..I worked 11 years in the trenches with the Big Brother (Good ole boy network) squelching my freedom of speech. Today I live the trenches and I speech candid for my children and their lives are better for it!!

CHANGE; allow honesty !! Encourage honesty!! REWARD HONESTY for quality change.