Monday, February 16, 2009

Presidents Day

Today being Presidents day offers us a sleep in morning (NOT) the kids woke at 4:45 am.....I got them to play in their rooms for a little bit. By 7 am they were in the back yard playing on the swing set, giggling in the sand box as I lay on the back porch wrapped in my afghan trying to keep cuddly warm.... which was not easy. The rule is stay in your room until 8 am although I had a decision to make...do I continually put them back in their rooms, start the morning off not so pleasant or move to the back yard and let them play and I get to rest in peace until 8 am....

No matter what when 8 am hit I KNOW IT... this is where some think I am nuts....

Tressa gets her bowl of cereal...easy girl!
Lucas a bowl of two pack of grits, milk, egg and shredded cheese is in the microwave 4 minutes,
Jordan a single pizza with an egg and extra cheese on top into the oven 12 minutes
Pot of coffee on for me,
Steven wants french toast sticks as does Kaitlyn so they make it easy as I load the toaster oven click it three time and everyone is getting breakfast...

Tressa is eating, Lucas is up to the table his bowl now in the freezer to cool, the french toast onto plates with mini bowls of syrup, those two are eating, the pizza onto a plate- cut and Jordan is eating, the bowl from the freezer, grab my Sweet/blond coffee I managed in between it all to make and we are all at the table eating breakfast.

We eat, do morning routine of medications and off to centers.... Tressa onto the laptop, Jordan doing Leap Frog reading, Steven to the back yard, Kaitlyn mothering over Lucas who is playing with multiple toys that move and light up....

Oh, yes I do have a sixth child-- she would be 15 and very much sound asleep....it isn't noon! The whole point - (I laugh inside when people comment)----

You must be such a big help to your mom.......................RIGHT!