Monday, February 2, 2009

The week isn't starting out so well for Kaitlyn

It is Monday morning, little ones off to school, Kaitlyn is very sick. She is having a very hard time breathing through a stuffed nose and feverish body. She has a sweat odor to her and looks pathetic. Poor thing...last place she needs to be is visiting a new school placement. I have an appointment to see the Doctor at 10 am. If you see the photos from yesterday she was puffy and eyes w/ redness from a low grade fever. Not as bad as this morning, she is weak.

I am keeping my fingers crossed Jordan made it to school and class without vomiting. He has his pill in him. Tressa ha new medication which needs to be given at school because it requires food....she is getting 2 breakfasts today... I made the one here as few calories as I could and keep the medication from turning her stomach sour. She would have turned the entire day into a nightmare if I called to cancel school breakfast.. so the lesser of two evils is she got a few more morning calories I can skim back tonight. She wants to have a good day s she can play on the computer the alphabet test game. She has to put the letter in the correct place with one missing.. some are before, then after or in the middle. The only one she has some trouble is the one before. If she takes her time she gets them all right. I hope she finds pleasure in the math portion. She looked interested last night. I want a way to test her when she is doing it with fun..so get an idea what she has down and where she needs work. paper and pencil math on worksheet she isn't "into" and i think this will stretch learning for her.

Lots of emails are coming in, I need to tend to appointments.