Thursday, February 5, 2009

OCD

ROUTINE is a must for OCD.... life is just easier if this child has routine and the little things...do not get hung up on the little things...

One "little thing" her shoe strings.. when they are tied they can not come close to touching the ground....she will re-do or have you re-do them 1000 times if they are not right so you may as well do it right the 1st time..

"It bothers me" will come out of her mouth non stop a zillion times.... the worker just debated her over the shoe strings......SHE LOST! I just sit and listen and watch from the distance and let things happen any more. To many people who think they can "fix" my kids, need to take the long road and learn in their own time... When a behavior continues over and over and over then WE need to change......we are the adults. The whole getting ready to go on their walk was doubled over debates which ended in shoe strings tied not touching the ground and tucked into the side of the shoe.....Just how she likes it....lol I am sorry if you think this is not funny, you know when I have so many BIG issues I am up against the shoe string is a no deal...just do it.