Thursday, February 5, 2009

Now, I am mad....what was I thinking? I need support

Second thoughts...why can this be so hard on me???


I didn't sleep again. Second night of nightmares---Kaitlyn's meeting yesterday left her in IA classes..Lee County called them VE classes a couple years ago...you know change the name and loose the image until everyone catches on again that this is not inclusion by any stretch of the imagination....yet me; A VERY INFORMED MOM, has fallen to their tactic and my daughter's rights have been stripped from her- her entire CIVIL RIGHT TO FAPE and IDEA is taken from her in a snap....I stood by and let it happen..........

I am so upset with myself. How did this happen to Kaitlyn???? If it has happened to Kaitlyn then no children here have a chance...for inclusion as Lee County has not upheld the LAW THE LAW this is LEGAL now... I have to protect her right to be included. The school screwed up and they ant to WRAP HER UP>>>> WRAP THE FRIGGEN TEACHER UP and give Kaitlyn her dignity back.... she is the child, she did not violate laws....


THE LAW IS CLEAR CRYSTAL CLEAR if she gains "SOME" in general education she is to be in general education IT IS THE LAW!!!!!! Just like not robbing a bank, home invasion--they invaded her!!!
She not only gained she succeeded and failed in IA for the first half of this school year and now she is going 90% IA.....WHAT THE HECK is up.... sorry but I have gone from frustrated to P.O.'d I need help here, I can not do this by myself!!!

The school gave their warm fuzzy about "WRAPPING HER UP WITH SERVICES" in IA classes which are varied exceptionality only...NO EFFORT there...it is already in place for IA kids attending...
WRAPPING HER UP would be DOING THE RIGHT THING in general education! like the law is clear about. Do we not have to follow this law here???

They said they would work and getting out into the general education population as soon as they could..Why does my daughter have to "EARN" her way to general education when the SCHOOL FAILED HER...it is clearly documented the education system FAILED HER!! She did not fail.. She got A+ on work totally above her ability.... make sense of that.

Then to think they are believeing that they are DOING US A FAVOR??? What did I hear that only 2 TWO teachers on campus have been taught to alternate assessment...? How can that be?

So is it Kaitlyn's fault our school district is in the dark ages for inclusion because the law was passed years ago and they have hand ample time to prepare/educate and empliment...Actually CAPE CORAL SCHOOL FULL INCLUSION is the headlines of Kaitlyn's Kindergarten year...The exact reason she was placed into Skyline so heck they have had a decade to prepare for her to be in middle school yet she pays the price they are not set in place for her to be included... i will be seeking the job discription of the District Inclusion Coordinators ob..What is this person to do....because she was in the meeting the coordinator where Kaitlyn lost her inclusion...and now in a secrigated classroom of children all having IEP's INCLUSION???? Maybe we need to evaluate the entire plan..

CASE LAW in the Supreme Court upheld this right many many year ago and the word is : "SOME" the word is: SOME, SOME, "SOME" good came of the child being in General Education...SHE EXCELLED!!!!

I must call attorney's and file Due process because this is Crystal clear a violation of her rights, just what I need..... but it will make me a stronger person and Lee County will know I mean business. No more cute friendly meetings being "friends" my daughter was thrown under the bus while they were all cute and friendly...... I love my daughter, she deserves to have her legal rights upheld.