Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Fall is here and as years prior it begins busy fun days in our household. Decorations are filling the home, then the smells of Cinnamon to help give a "change of season" feeling.

Keirsten is testing me with hr need to grow up too fast and my desire to have her a little girl as long as possible....the two collide on some levels although my main concern is education and she lacks any real desire to gain knowledge only social status... scares me to think a freshman in high school can pick up 2 twenty dollar bills and two five dollar bills and tell me she found $30.00. I sternly stated there better be $50.00 dollars and she said; no it is $30.00 only 2- $20's and 2- 5's.....I said so if it is two 20's and 2 fives how much is that Keirsten?????? She argues with e that it is $30.00.....HELP!!! I break it don that two 20's is 40 ...20 plus 20 is 40 so if you ad 10 (5 + 5) then She says OH, $50.00/////////I am scared to death for her future and what the heck has she gotten out of 11 years of public education.............. Frightens me.

Kaitlyn is lovin her new Independence. She has $5.00 in her pocket today (Birthday money) She bought a SUBWAY sandwich yesterday with her Birthday money and today she has a water and cookie budgeted ...lol She is dressed in her new clothes she chose from the mall. She is upset that hr school does not allow her to take games (DS) to school because she chose a new game from gamestop with her Birthday shopping. She is such a joy most of the time...

Steven seemed a little lost this morning. I think he gets confused on right and wrong on "chores" I might need to check with everyone who helps at the house to be sure the directions for his chores are consistent because this morning getting the trash to the road for pick up he was backwards and in some what of a daze... He had thrown the backyard garbage over the fence and seemed oblivious as to how to retrieve it to get to the road. I have him carry it through the house and out the front door but by throwing it over the fence it was in the side closure (garbage area for house garbage) and he stood on the wrong side of the fence for about 20 minutes just lost on what to do..... Because of Tressa's PWS we have to have all food garbage locked up and this is why the separate areas.. any way we all need to be giving him the same direction.

Jordan got 100% day again yesterday...yes he wore his tie. I tried to get him to wear a clip on tie and call it his P.E. ti for today but he was not having it He said that clip on ties are for baby's. He wants me to give Carmello his baby ties. He is in a short sleeve shirt and tie for a PE day. This kid is too funny! We are switching out a behavior not desired at school...He has stated swatting female teachers on the butt...not good! So as of the weekend and transferred yesterday he does HIGH FIVES and everyone loves to high five the boy with the ties.. One day in and it seems to be working.

Tressa is floating on cloud nine as she prepares for her trip to see her Birth family. We have gone out to get some cold weather clothes as it is Seattle in November, The trip is going to bring lots of cousin time which she will enjoy. This was her desire to spend her Birthday out in Seattle so she can have time with her "birth dog" Tressa's birth family bought a new puppy about a year ago, Black Lab and when she got to see photos she took to the puppy as if it were living here. DRAMA all part of Tressa's genetics. I see many children with PWS having high DRAMA often. After speaking to the birth parents it is amazing how many characteristics run parallel to the birth siblings who are not children with PWS. I have always been fascinated in the genetic similarities in personality of the three sibs living far from one another although parenting issues run the same and the girls have not had much time together.

Lucas is doing better today, he goes down whenever a virus hits our home he goes down the hardest, building his immune system. He is holding his weight and becoming more and ore coo[operative to daily routine and learning. He ha a long way to go and now people are getting anxious for hi to "catch up" I get more questions about his delays and when I feel he will catch up...lol Comparing him to others and I do not have answers to many. He will come on his own time. I see so much progress thus far he needs to build on all he has gained and in tie he will gain much more. I just want all expectations to remain high for him so he can thrive.

Emma.....oh she is getting so big so fast and we are almost to the laugh out loud giggles..I can not wait. She has terrible reflux which will be our next tackled medical. This week we are making up last weeks EEG and MRI so the results will be soon, the tests had to be put off while she took the course of roto virus and I must say she was a trooper. I must have changed 118 diapers last week alone. She did not get a rash!!! Yeah, I was on top of pushing her food/drink and changing her with sits bathes each time which all worked out well.

The next few weeks are busy, we have our first Brownie troop meeting and onward with all of those tasks.

The trip to Seattle has planning and the agency who provides respite is gearing up to offer the stay at home crew fun and exciting events. Trish is a jewel! Tressa, Emma and I will be gone 6 days total as the first and last are full days flying. WE hope to have a short exciting meaningful visit for Tressa and her Birth sisters to begin a mature lasting relationship. It has been a few ears since the last visit as their age and distance did not lead to a successful time and now we are ready to offer them the opportunity to have that sibling bond to build on. The siblings in WA struggle with understanding adoption which is part of our mission. Tressa is one foot from their front door on any given day in her mind because open adoption in our home is "normal" I have faith this visit will be a turn around for the kids.

We are planning to travel by van to Illinois for the week of Thanksgiving. The kids want to go somewhere and talk about "relatives" since the wedding and many came down. The plan is to go North through St Louis so we can visit Jill and see St Louis and up to Peoria and on to Henry. That is the plan... my check engine light is on in my van so one step at a time. I had the tires checked, oil changed and all fluids/belts/filters (air & oil) changed and what nots checks. WE need two tires as when Erin had the accident they are claiming the tire put on the van is the wrong size. Always something. he said might be what is causing more fuel usage.

Halloween is just around the corner...all is coming together for the party at our house. I believe by the end of next week all costumes will be completed.

I have started making bows/socks and other items with ribbons, I will post pictures as I get them completed. I am hoping to possibly get some Christmas shopping funds going with the sales of some. Starting the new Brownie troop has taken me back into the craft departments and the creative side I love in me.

Well Emma and I have a boat load of chores we need to tackle today so off the computer to the list of tasks for today!

Everyone have a joyous day and hug the ones you love!!!