Monday, October 19, 2009

What makes me laugh

We sit down to eat dinner and the kids share their day. I try to get them each to recall what they ate for lunch. Kaitlyn starts; She had a chicken sandwich and she put ketchup on it, pineapple and a salad along with chocolate milk for her drink. I could tell she had more to say, she blurts out "there are too many lines" "I can not cut" I asked her if she had trouble at lunch today and she said yes, she went on to tell me she was hungry and there were a lot of kids eating lunch so the lines were really long so she cut to the front. The kids yelled at her to get to the back of the line...she says with a grin. I asked do you think you should be able to cut to the front of the line...she says yes. I asked her why and she shook her head "no"

Going around Jordan proceeds to tell me he chose pizza today, cheese pizza which he says is yummy. He said no bad words today, only good girls...????... I question him; girls???? and in time he figures out he has used the wrong word... "only good words"

Steven states in a serous tone he had a chicken sandwich and Choco milk.

Tressa said her chicken salad was the best she's ever had (says this for every meal)
we are at the point we all say the "the best I ever had" in unison.