Tuesday, October 20, 2009

FCC meeting and Project Lifesaver

I went to the special meeting tonight to hear about CDC+ which is the program that is CONSUMER DIRECTED CARE. I have wanted on this program for YEARS!!! They are seeking any waiver recipient that wants to get on CDC to fill out the form and then a "lottery" will be pulled from those who wish to be in the program. A person must be ON THE WAIVER...not the wait list. This is not a funded program, your waiver money funds your CDC+ program. I SO WANT THIS PROGRAM. It puts the consumer(ME-MOM) in charge of the supports to the household. It is like running a small business...hire and fire and manage the budget. The budget/ cost plan is set and in my monthly allotted budget. I can hire the in home support I NEED and I can bank funds for summer camp, I can get other therapy that would not otherwise be put into place, I can get equipment in the home...YES YES YES this is so good, now I just need to win the lottery...gosh darn my life is a huge contest right now....I will be the Princess in the Pea if both fall into our lap, can you just imagine the quality of life the kids would have...PINCH ME!

Project Lifesaver was at the meeting and they have funding for the $300.00 a piece bracelets so I gave my name and will be signing up tomorrow. Boy this could have saved a lot of money twice this past year with Steven!!!