Thursday, October 29, 2009

Making decorations for our annual Halloween Party











Friends and family gather at our house to go into our neighborhood for trick or treating. We will have less children this year than normal because Michelle moved to GA with her crew and the boys moved to Illinois in the past year. Mandie's family and her in laws are coming, Jessica and others have said they will be coming. The neighbors are looking forward to us coming although I fear lots of QUESTIONS will come up about "Have you heard anything?" and I am trying to keep the children out of it until we know because they are innocent and I do not want their feelings crushed thinking it is, when it might never be.... Mandie had an idea to try to get them to understand --for those lost (ABC's EXTREME HOME MAKEOVER considering us) We bought a lottery ticket and let them know if we won it would be MILLIONS of dollars and lots of people really want to win....we looked in the paper last Sunday and learned our numbers did not come up....helping them to understand what "chances" to win mean.. Who knows if thy really understand. The only ones talking about it regularly are Keirsten and Kaitlyn. The others, every now and again they will ask a question about the day we did the video...more about if we are going to Disney World...they watched the show Sunday and Kaitlyn blurts out "they are going to build us a house with a Mickey mouse pool" Not sure where that came from.

At the kids' school conferences today many asked...it is all up up the air today..can take up to two months I was told.... Then to the Doctors offices today. The appointments and all three asked lots of questions and shared their chills of excitement...It is contagious and I am trying hard to keep level headed to prepare for the call saying they chose another family...I must say I can get lost in the dream when my guard is down.

For all still asking...we are being considered..I hear they get it to 5 families and then the day they choose...they go to the one home.. I have NO IDEA when that is, no information to us and I am sure I will not be able to share any information until you all know....Just keep your fingers crossed XXXXXXXXX Ours are.