Saturday, December 26, 2009

Oh what a day.......

I am sitting here with a broken baby toe on my right foot which is throbbing under my make shift tapped casting job by Dr. Pringle..AKA Mom...me, myself and I. OUCH!

Well let me back up. The day before Christmas for some unknown reason my dishwasher which is not old nor cheep decided to flood the house... so I geared up with paper and plastic... I knew getting a repair man was #1 costly and #2 not what I would put upon someone for Christmas. WE DO NOT SHOP ON CHRISTMAS.... a day for family.... well we bonded around the kitchen sink...using as little as possible with a family our size dishes come from no where.

I went straight into denial....and tonight as I prepared our meal for tomorrow (family gathering- my parents are coming) I thought I would make something that I would be able to stick in and have time to visit...not like grilling where I am out at the grill while everyone else visits... so in the midst of my making Lasagna, crab/shrimp dip, veggie dip, chopping dicing and slicing veggies to be on top of a garden salad... I had a kitchen full of dirty dishes. I did think some where today because I went to the store for entertaining via plastic wear all matching and stuff but oh my the dishes from me getting carried away preparing were off the charts. So I start.... child hood memories flashing before my eyes...I was at the sink for about 30 minutes....WHILE THE HOUSE FLOODED................... my back to the obvious..... the water was running under the cabinets down the row to the door and amazing enough I had no idea until I noticed a pretty large puddle at my feet...Hum I thought I did not remember spilling out of the sink yet I tried to convince myself I must have dumped water when rinsing a large pan or lid (like when I was a child) funny how my mind makes excuses...but when I turned and slid and somehow slammed my toe on a part of the cabinets I didn't even know existed I felt it...I saw it..I reached down and put it back facing forward and I screamed..... which then brought ALL THE CHILDREN asking why I made such a mess... "Mom, you made a very big mess in the kitchen, the water is running out here in the dining room" DO I applaud the full thought expressed in a complete sentence and the thought conveyed with out stuttering... because actually the entire message was one of her finest EVER! Keirsten looked mortified and decided the best thing to do in a situation like this is to remove small children from the area... and I proceeded to tape the toe to the next toe and begin Tylenol as I mopped up water....

This after taking the boys to the grocery store shopping where Jordan entered the store and without my knowing took a bite out of an apple and placed it back on the pile in produce. Some older woman who apparently had nothing better to do today brought me the apple and very nasty like said..you may as well have him finish this apple.. I kindly took the apple put it into a produce bag and explained to Jordan we must pay for the apple BEFORE we take a bite...apparently this woman had no further faith in me as she followed us the ENTIRE time in the store until I was at the check out and placed the apple up to pay.... It was my faith in the season that kept me from saying anything to her and only smiling as we stayed to our shopping list and zig zagged the store and she stayed right behind us... Bless her heart! lol