Sunday, November 29, 2009

Back to school tomorrow

What a day.. We woke up today with all the children knowing a new baby needs a place to stay until her mommy and daddy found her (ADOPTION) The kids are use to this in our life and seemed unfazed with the movement of the portable crib getting put up, some minor alterations to our home, schedule and off to the hospital I go. It usually takes a total of about 7 hours and Kaitlyn is usually my side kick to watch the baby on the drive home. Since it was not a school day Keirsten went along as well, Kaitlyn was not willing to give up her role even for a day. A Long ride with the holiday traffic made it beyond seemingly forever. Many hours- yes I said hours...we drove 10 to 40 mph on I-75N. The "hospital" time was usual, 1 hour. The ride home a tad bit better than up...WOW I was shocked at the traffic.....I have never driven for such long stretches of massive amounts of cars...

Keirsten seemed the most effected; after over 10 hours on the road I guess she felt we should be "somewhere" we were back at our drive way where we started this morning. It is always a great time to connect (driving) we sang songs, I explained why I disapproved of some songs, I dissected some she liked to ask why (sexually driven) Keirsten talks about what her dreams are, how much the new boy in her life means to her and why. Not saying I understand all her passages just listen and guide. But remember I am OLD AND WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND....

I spent time with each of the kids quickly so they could get to sleep for school tomorrow. Emma was not going to sleep any time soon when she saw the little person in her mommy's room. Emma is so cute..She is all about checking out the baby and making sure her time is not neglected. How quickly she can revert back to every three hour feeds...lol and let me tell you I can not ignore her desire to have even 2 oz.... much like a puppy who must pee on top of the visiting puppy's tested territory...LOL She holds her own.

I am now ready for my 2 hours of sleep..Need to cut this here and will catch up some time around 2:30ish