Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My parents and sister are here for the day

My parents who live about 2 hours North of me and my sister and her husband who now live in S Carolina came for the day Sunday. I came back from my overnight outing picking up Carmelo on my way home. We stopped to get the mix for blushing goose drinks on our way to Cape Coral. Once home my children had done a GREAT job getting the house ready for company. even when it is my parents I like my home extra sparkle to make everyone feel warm and welcome. I had planned to polish my bathroom upon getting home although many other distraction did not get to that task. The kids were all quiet and did not notice my arrival for minutes. Melo had fallen asleep, I was able to bring a case of Girl Scout cookies in unnoticed... Dumped them into the deep freezer.. It was minutes later my parents pulled in.what a treat for me, no stress preparing for a visit from my family... My oldest daughter is so sensitive to my needs some times.

My sister brought her lap top to share her ELEVEN grandchildren. She is very proud of her grandchildren. She is able to go spend about 3 weeks a year with them in Illinois. She has a passion for fixing homes and flipping them. She has been all over our country doing this. It is hard for me to wrap my head around that as being rewarding although from her talking it relates to my passion with what am doing. My passion to give children who might otherwise be thought of as not able...I want to offer opportunity to show just how capable my children are to be successful contributors to our community/country. The one noticeable difference is the rock on her finger which I think equates to the bazillions of toys all over my house and yard...LOL

We all visited with no mishaps, the kids were busy doing their thing. Lucas tends to overwhelm the new comers because he is so overly friendly and boundaries continue to be something we are working on. He is inquisitive to new things...men with semi bald heads, men who are 6'4" tall, just about anything her will try to see it touch it, take it...LOL you know where this is going... so I had to redirect him a number of times as my Dad is not all that warm to kids..baby's 100% but once we were children we were seen and not heard.... who he is. My mom is hands on, friendly. My sister having eleven little people of her own was more into catching up so the kids played she tried to get all their names straight and took pictures in groups of who belongs to whom . We had a great meal also prepared by the kids and served without incident. The day other than being a little cold was perfect.