Wednesday, March 31, 2010

V A C A T I O N tomorrow - I sure can use a break from school.

This morning went pretty well up until it was time to load the elementary school bus at 6:20. Jordan the last minute wanted to take Lilly a new pencil and he wanted it to be sharpened. He had snack for the class some great items given by the baker last night (which I can not keep in my house) so the pencil thing came up last minute out of no where and it went over the top. I got one sharpened as the bus pulled up, but he then found a camp rock one he wanted for her.. He has his tablet for taking notes on the ride to school...I get him out the door. Kaitlyn took Lucas and Tressa boarded herself. Tressa is extra emotional after learning no more swim lessons and she had made Miss Kristy a necklace out of beads for a long time Sunday. Tears and drama... The kids are on the bus, I come back in. The bus doesn't go any where... A knock at the door. It is the 6 foot tall bus driver stating "TRESSA TRIED TO HIT ME" You have got to be kidding me.... So I walk to the bus. Tressa tells me she wants to hug Kaitlyn because when Steven takes Lucas out to the bus he hugs Tressa goodbye and Kaitlyn didn't. I give the ole mommy firm voice about no matter what we do not put our hands on other people. as the driver looks over my shoulder... OK, I am no professional but did he just show her he has no authority??? Then I stand and the aide had her chest puffed to tell me Jordan spit in her face over a pincer she will not allow him to have on the bus. SO she tells me her issues with Jordan and she imitates Lucas scream.......LOL ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? I at this point want to pull my kids off the bus and say GROW UP ADULTS GROW UP or at least get some training in dealing with children who have special needs. I go back to Jordan and tell him how dirty it is to spit and this woman is right there and then back talks me...WELL, I HOPE THAT HELPS....

One more day, one more day. I have my kids for the next 11 days without early mornings, with out the added stress. I want last year driver and aide back...
I guess it is time to call district and ask about training. On the kids' IEP it states they must go through the training for the BIP from his FBA. It isn't rocket science folks. DO NOT FEED INTO NEGATIVE BEHAVIORS.

I pray something really really good and pleasant happens today because I sure can use a calm day...

The van is loaded with bread for delivering, Kaitlyn has a consult on her braces this morning, I need to go to the bank and stop to get flyer's printed. Many emails came in yesterday to get supplies for the May 8th meeting which is progressing nicely.

Grocery shop tomorrow when Mandie comes and Friday a trip to Bush Gardens with the older ones only FUN FUN FUN, we sure can use some FUN.