Saturday, September 27, 2008

AREA GAMES WITH SPECIAL OLYMPICS TODAY

The middle of the night, about 3 am, I found Steven up rocking against his wall humming, lost in thought. I knew he was excited to get to his first area competition game in bowling. These will be peers from Sarasota to Naples and all in between. He asked me if he could put his team shirt on. I was able to get him back to sleep with a little calming. The kids were up, wanting waffles for breakfast by 8am. I knew I had to be at the bowling alley in Ft myers by 10:30 and my help is planning to be here at 9:30... They are excited.

We leave to the games shortly after 10, being the first time I was unaware how it all works. We were outside the back parking lot of Galaxy Lanes. IT WAS HOT IN THE SUN! The wait was LONG (we didn't need to be first on the scene)....Kailtyn was tired, hot and not wanting to do anything; eating again at 10:30 (more carbs) then in the sun until noon. We learned. Once inside, we made it to our lanes and within a 1/2 hour they were bowling. Both kids just couldn't pull it together. Parents are not aloud to coach their kids during competition so I felt terrible for them and they were loosing pride which was making things worse. I never taught them to "coach" each other. Steven throws an 8lb ball but didnt have one and was throwing the 6lb.. It was not going well. I decided if I can not coach I can use positive praise. The first nearly good throw, I start screaming yeah DO IT AGAIN... Your smokin ..HOT HOT HOT... all the things I would say when I was coach for them and they did it right.. It paid off, they started throwing with straight arms and locating their bodies to throw down the middle.. A STRIKE by Steven the crowd goes wild..I yell way to do it! Then Kaitlyn gets 7 down then a spare,,, sreaming loud it is the last frame.. she throws to end the game with mom screaming how great she is... I hear a parent in the back say ... You can not coach... I AM CHEERING ON MY CHILDREN, that is aloud!

As you can see THEY BOTH PLACED 1st in AREA GAMES... State is next! HELD DISNEY SPORTS?? I know in Orlando!!! I will keep you posted. They draw from a hat all those who got 1st place. It has been a long day. We have Ayden, when Michelle stopped in to watch them bowl Ayden wanted to stay. He thought all the hoopla was about him, performing baby style peek a boo and all the little facial expressions to get everyone cooing while the bowling alley clapped and screamed (not at Ayden) but their bowlers...LOL He continued to believe it was all about him.