Wednesday, September 24, 2008

PIZZA MAN GAME

Each morning we play this game. It is Jordan and Tressa playing the role of pizza delivery people. We have to have everything done, ready to go with book bags and all at the door. So this morning we had the time. The two step outside the door to have me call in an order. I called in for a large thin crust mushroom, gr pepper and onion pizza with extra cheese. Tressa says she doesn't have any mushrooms today so I say then Gr p/onion only, she says they do not have any gr peppers and onions. I then say; ok, I will take ham and pineapple pizza, no they do not have any ham or pineapple today, so I ask for what ever special they have i will take. She said they have CHEESE pizzas. So I order a cheese pizza and a cold drink. Jordan want to bring soup because Lucas is now up with us so he can not eat pizza yet. Then the doorbell rings.... I say "who is it" They respond Pizza Hut. This is all about slowing down their speech, making sure they use all the sounds and now we head into math. They both come in and pretend pass out the food and drinks. I ask them how much do I owe them and they say, 7.00 for the pizza a dollar for my drink and 5.00 for soup. so we add it up. 13.00 so I tell them I have a 10.00 dollar bill. Tressa quickly says that is not enough and Jordan is the "OK, that's alright" pizza man. I tell them I will write a check and so we need to add a tip.... they love the tip part, Tressa would like a 100.00 tip and Jordan is always 5.00. Beings they are in 1st grade I am waiting for the 20% figures for later although I tell them when it is not enough or too much and suggest and amount. Jordan seems concerned that Lucas isn't eating his soup. Lucas thinks we have all lost our minds because he sees no food and we are not at the table and it just seems really odd to him...LOL Prior to this he just laid on the couch and slept through pizza man game. BUS! so we all run to get on the bus and buckle in. I board each morning with the kids to be sure they are gently put into their seats with with harnesses all fastened and their activity in their hands to keep them busy for the ride to school. This helps start the morning off calm and has made a huge difference for their entire day.
Back in the house to get Steven up, then Keirsten and finally Kaitlyn over the next couple hours. My new BI FOCALS are in so I will be going to pick those up this morning.