Friday, September 26, 2008

HUMOR, part of every day life.

I thought the day was going well when I was able to take all the furniture out of the TV room polish the floor, wash the leather furniture and soak the wood with oil.. then put everything back in a new place so it made the room look fresh. I have no idea where the energy came from although the IEP paperwork is now behind.

I had Jessica today to teach her more about sounding out words so she can read. You know this is bitter/sweet for an advocate to be a part of.

I get a call from Stevens teacher who would like to just send home the "draft" IEP for me to review, we tweak over the Internet and phone and call it an annual and meet in the spring for transition. OK, I was in the middle of the room cleaning. I will read the IEP over the weekend and be prepared for my IEP meeting. SO then I get a call from Tressa's Principle, He needs to let me know that she had a tantrum and broke her glasses on purpose by throwing the down and stepping on them. HER FLEXON ones that he doesn't believe are real flexon. SO I will take those back to Lenscrafters because they are not only flexon but NIKE strong... So Tressa arrives home and gives me her side. This after the Bus driver telling me Jordan did not sit in his harness the ride home and loud says, "you know she is wonderful, I never have any problems out of her"; "TRESSA" you know little sweet Tressa who smashed her expensive glasses for the SECOND time this year into the ground. So here is the Tressa story. She said she was done with her lunch and a child forgot or didn't drink or who knows what..a box of milk was with in arms reach. WELL,,,, anyone who knows PWS knows where this went. YEP, she drank it, well tried and the Para interviened/ tossed it into the garbage can. Now I know many of you think Oh thank goodness. But anyone with experience with PWS would say; STOP and access..DO NOT SET HER OFF... So me, I would have thought; "IF" it were full she has 120 extra calories we need to alter the rest of her day... I would have made a mommy face and said Oh shoot Tressa I didn't count those calories on your list for today.. can we see how many we need to add. So she knows, SHE KNOWS, OH SHE KNOWS, she was not suppose to drink that milk. By playing the power person she has to react..IT IS HER DISABILITY GUYS!!!! so now the consequence.. She got time with Mr. Vilardi in time out, she got to/ or watched some one put her glasses in four pieces into a baggie and who knows what she gets from it all... This is the second time this year. (four weeks) Her glasses run $225.00 to $280.00 a pair. So you think it stops there right....no not about this subject.

At our house; Michelle has her friend from Texas to her apartment for the BIRTHDAY WEEKEND so I have her 3 kids while she runs to the airport, they are playing in the pool with all the kids except Tressa, Tressa is feeling a little sad, she needs to earn the money to buy new glasses so she is helping mom clean the bathroom, sweep the dirt off the front porch and who knows what else I can think of. She has NEVER broken her glasses at home, I need to get the message across it is a lot of money and HARD WORK to get them.

So here is the kick in the teeth. With Tressa working, dinner simmering (I made it early) I decide to post on PWS support group yahoo site about the event so that I did not vent on my close friends here on Friday night. I write it, read it, thought about it and sent it.. I do not usually post with PWS because it hasn't been a support for our family like many other groups I belong to. They sensor posts and when Tressa was young and I needed real help I didnt find it in the PWS groups. I went to National and FL the first years and if you know or follow our family it hasn't been all positive. This years PWS Fl chapter was wonderful. The President is WONDERFUL to us and now the new families are so supportive. I am not sure if the past was from being an adoptive parent or the open adoption=who knows or cares.. that seems to be behind me. The National has a new Director and he seemed very friendly and warm.. One day at a time. So I vent on my local friends and they just deal with it! LOL

Then I get an email a couple hours later to ask me if I would re post because I didn't put my name on the bottom of the post... NOW HOW MANY TRESSA'S do you know... I emailed a critic response as to why I never post and it wouldn't help me now as I vented.. it is over and now I get to vent about me venting and not being able to have my venting heard...LOL HUMOR I live by it!