Thursday, September 25, 2008

Bi Focals 101 training/ Lucas says his first word

Ok, I am having a hard time adjusting to wearing glasses. Getting old isn't for the faint/weak someone said. My chin is in the air as I type so I can see. I will adjust they said. My eyes will train my brain...be careful of curbs was their advice. well I will be happy when this is all in place. lol

The day was sweet. I had a rough beginning by going to a Doctor visit and their office moved without notice and when I got there they said they no longer needed to see him. He is doing SO WELL. My goodness a phone call would have been nice. You always know something is up when they are falling over themselves paying you compliments. Ok, cut to the point I have been waiting over an hour.

While we were on that side of the city we stopped to pick up Ayden to come over and play for the day. Michelle was happy to have the day to herself. We went on to get some crafts and treats before heading home. Everyone loves when Ayden comes over to play. Kaitlyn got her new glasses ordered, we checked on Tressa's which should be in next week. Kaitlyn has single vision lenses and Tressa has corrective ones which take longer. The kids had dinner, pepper chicken stir fry over rice, which was a tad bit spicy for them. Lucas ate with out it going through the processor. baby steps. Hit the bath tub doing home work after bath since we had play time after buses. Lucas was being filmed for a speech video tonight so we had to get the house quiet for filming. The school district is training and Lucas is their "student" so we love helping out. He made many sounds and said the word "BALL" His very first word, we have heard and understood. It is on the video. He received a new Tricycle today for volunteering to work with the team.