Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes

The day was filled/busy with Jessica over for some reading lessons and the usual pile of laundry. The dryer wasn't working properly until I unhooked the vent to allow air flow. I need to get the duct cleaned again. So much laundry goes on here annual might not be often enough.

The kids got into the pool and played outside early because rain was coming. They love the outdoors. I had made a huge pot of spaghetti that simmered on the stove so I could be with the kids in the sunshine. The buses come and speech starts, as the night fills with home work, baths and routine.

Carmelo is my grandson, he speaks English and Spanish fuiently and is here 2 or 3 days a week with my daughter. He has taken Jordan as his mentor. Mandie shakes her head every day at all the things he mimics from Jordan and she wishes it to be another he is mimicking other than Jordan. He dances in circles, he carries Pringle's chips by the can, he walks behind Jordan yelling STEVE-STEVE, and the little echo Steve-Steve. All the little things.

Tressa told me several times she did not have home work. "I DID IT AT SCHOOL" she said. (not my first) I told her it is called HOME WORK so let me make some extra... low and behold there was a paper to do in her bag, next to a report that was about today's behavior.. she had a rough day. She knows that means her television in her room is off... her pink Hello kity television with the DISNEY channel on it... so I ask her Why would you throw down your lunch bag/refuse to pick it up then spit on the hall way floor at school??? She said she was being sassy today because she is Sharpea..... you know the sassy Blondie in High School Musical... so not to laugh I used that moment to go unplug the television. Gosh how do you keep a straight face.... I explained I would be calling the school and the next time she refuses to pick up her lunch they will walk on and she will have no lunch.. That did not sit well with Tressa. She said she won't. Spiting is gross so she knew that was totally not acceptable. No television. The tears pour (again, not the first)