Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Blog update......

Monday- September 8, 2008

The morning routine is in place.. Jordan and Tressa are up, dressed and on their bus with smiles at 630 am. Lucas will also ride but as of this morning no car seat so he stays home. Kaitlyn is lovin middle school, she tells me all about her new friends.. Keirsten bugs me every day to switch her to Kaitlyn’s school although I enjoy watching Kaitlyn thrive with her own space. Steven is quirt in the morning, gets himself ready and off to the Wii every chance he gets.. High School Musical. A busy day running errands and picking up a new pool for our back yard. The sale on above ground pools at this time are wonderful.. Lucas over to get a pair of new fitted shoes 8 XW with added arch support and it is a successful morning. Lunch and house keeping.. Monday is wash day, set appointments afternoon. Kaitlyn and Lucas go to the eye doctor October 10th am. Homework is going ok, Ms Vickie comes to help and Katie learns about making a graph. We graph out our stats on what is everyone’s favorite ice cream flavor. I located an old worksheet graph and copied that to send in for the school to see what I want for her to be part of the class at her ability. The paper has the words we introduced to her and what she learned.. She learned that graphs give us INFORMATION and we taught her what the word information is and what type of graph BAR graph and which shows the most, least and same… Everything is written so they know what words we used and what she learned. Ebay had over 2K clarinets so I need to figure out which brand/kind from band and get one here for her. Ii would love to get more instrument s in the house for the kids to play at their leisure.

Sunday September 7, 2008

A sleep in morning and breakfast in moms bed… fun fun. Keirsten is over at mandie’s we will meet at 2 pm in Ft Myers to get her home.


Saturday September 6th 2008-09-08

A BIG PRINGLE DAY…. Steven and Kaitlyn have made it to the COUNTY GAMES!! Bowling frenzy in our home. Tressa and Jordan struggled so they are not in the county tournament this time. I am taking the two of them out this morning to get new fitted support tennis shoes…. SSShhhhhhh they do not know. They are so excited to be going with mom all by themselves.. they are guessing what we are doing… not close! FUNNY Tressa says “Mom my toes are hurting in my shoes”….lol No, she didn’t know.
At Snyderman’s I learn Tressa’s toes were for sure hurting… She grew from a 13XW to a 1.5 XW WOW…. She had color choices so she goes into this long winded story to the salesman about her last years teacher, Ms Myers, wedding-- favorite color-- yada yada yada and he smiles… so it is purple for Ms Myers. Jordan 13.5W to a 2 W . choices were easy- red it was. Joe, the fitter since these guys were baby’s asked me what I am feeding them. With new shoes we stop at Wal Mart for some necessary items and not so necessary items and we race home.. Steven and Kaitlyn are ready o BOWL! I turn around and head to the bowling alley with Kaitlyn and Steven. Once there I learn Kaitlyn is on lane 7 and Steven on lane 24…… Our friend Brain and Katie F. are in lane 6 so I hope that helps my Kaitlyn love the competition, I wish I had put on running shoes. The tournament begins and I am running from end to end. I learn NO COACHING YOUR KIDS… uh oh… I need a drink to relax. Kaitlyn is overwhelmed and not focused… It was breaking my heart. Another mom sneaks up and helps Katie focus.. Down on lane 24 all the parents are coaching so I am right there with Steven helping him remember where his feet need to be.. STRAIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE.. he puts it right there when he tries. THE GAMES ARE OVER… Steven gets a first place in his division and Kaitlyn gets a first in hers.. I am so proud of them. They are so proud of themselves. So they go with me to Wal Mart to pick up film and they tell EVERYONE they are winners. Mandie calls to say Jordan has ben really having a great day.. so we stop by the video section and buy Scooby Do. Home we have dinner and cuddle into watch movies while Mandie takes Keirsten home for the night.


Friday September 5, 2008-09-08

I am having a friend over who works for the school district in the parent liason postion to take back some concerns/suggestions to better meet the needs of the kids in inclusion and other best practice for children in the public education system with special needs. Danna is so into the needs of good communication and collaboration. She took the time to look through the materials I have and what can help the kids. Some issues most likely th gen ed teacher is totally unaware of. We will keep working together to educate and bring inclusive setting as the norm. The meting lasted till noon and it was time to go get Mr. Lucas from pre-K. He is doing well for never being in the formal classroom setting prior to this. He loves a couple educational toys and his classroom has them.. No napping at school.. ugh. Friday night and no youth dance. The girls want to bake Brownies and watch movies with mom. We send some time dancing to music and playing games.


Thursay September 4 2008-09-08

A busy morning and nothing seems to be going well… lucas is going to school and I thought leaving Kory in charge would be ok…WRONG… he fell asleep and Kaitlyn missed her bus and I am on EMPTY (gas in the big ole van) I have a meeting in minutes and now it is an hour of chasing my tail… I reschedule the meeting until tomorrow. Kaitlyn is upset she missed her bus.. She was playing the Wii and didn’t hear her bus.. I drive up to her school in the parent drop off line and she is excited.. I ask her if she can make it to class or if she wants me to park..”Go home Mom.” I look in my mirror as I exit the lot and she is leaning up against the pst talking to a peer.. Oh lord please direct her to her first period class..She has always entered on the other side (Bus ramp) She I growing up so fast. I called downtown to get some extra help in the inclusion department for Kaitlyns teachers to let the heat off and lighten up a bit on the subject matter. I want them to follow her IEP and some how they are mixed on the level she performs so much of the work is over my knowledge base let alone hers. I never learned Greek..

Wednesday September 3 2008-09-08
Lucas’ staffing to start school YIPEE he is lost in the house during the day and will be so happy to get to school. The meeting is in Ft Myers, he is so good to travel with and go places. He isn’t so good during long table and chair meetings…What was I thinking? We made it thorough and he has his first formal IEP.. Skyline is the school and the classroom Ms Kathy yes, they gave me what I had hoped for. I want the kids all in one school and I want experienced teachers. Off to Skyline to fill out enrollment forms, then lunch, nap and some house keeping. I do not seem to be keeping ahead of the house keeping right now.. I am going to sleep at 9pm and up at 530 am so maybe this is part of it. Moms adjusting.


Tuesday September 2nd 2008-09-08

I went to the dentist for a broken tooth. How I dislike going to the dentist. I have to come back for another appointment to have it removed and discuss what the next step is…I can hear the cash register ringing…

Gail called and we need to get out as adults … A gift certificate to Bahama Breeze is the answer. So we head south to have some girl time. It was nice to sit for a couple hours and chat about nothing, think about men and giggle. Home by 8 so my schedule isn’t thrown off for the early morning busses.

Monday September 1, 3008 NO SCHOOL

Set up the little pool, got the back yard set early for play and the grill scrubbed for some cook out today. Keirsten is big on the meat in this house and she likes hers rare.. I pull weeds and work on my garden a little. A do nothing but enjoy family and the day.


SUNDAY August 31, 2008 HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL TODAY!!!

It is 4 am and Tressa is at my bed side asking I she can get dressed to go to High School Musical.. I inform her it is the middle of the night and she needs to climb into my bed and go back to sleep. She complies for about and hour. Up again trying to get dressed. I set her up with ome things to do at the table and encourage her to finish coloring and try to o back to sleep. Now Steven is up and the two of them are writing and coloring at the kitchen table talking about High School musical.. much of it argumentative nonsense but keeping the two of them busy. I can see them from my room. It is about 7 and I get up to make breakfast for them early and explain there will be no snack because we will eat at the musical. They want to get dressed… I explain we will dress at 11 am and show them that time on the clock. We get out some art projects and decide baths wil start at 10 am. Yes they had baths last night but I am thinking of anything to keep them from melt downs. Barbie texts and says she and her daughter will meet us at noon at the Broadway Palm theater as is Connie with Jessica and a friend. I am feeling good, the kids are all moving throughout he morning nicely and getting into their nice outfits as scheduled. Lucas is staying home and Kory is watching him so he will not freak out.
We get into the van.. Tressa has her baby doll, Steven has a magazine, Jordan is chatting a mile a minute with excitement. Kaitlyn has brushed one last time and we are now on our way. The drive is only about 5 minutes and we are there. Tressa questions if we are going to High School Musical. We hustle into the theater and go to pik up all 11 tickets. Connie is pulling in as we enter and Barbie is right after that. We take a potty break and head for our rsvp table right u front in the first row next to the stage. It is a buffet and we are all working together so that everything is flowing beautiful FLAWLESS. The kids are getting their plates and Tressa is DOING VERY WELL making the right choices on items and amounts. She knows she can get one desert and we will balance it out the remainder of the day (she has Prader-Willi syndrome and on 600 calories a day max food intake) The servers want to rush to get plates off the table and my Kaitlyn and Steven are very slow eaters although perfect for Ms Tressa. We manage to keep everything to a minimum and the show is about to start. The curtain opens and the singing starts …all their stars.. and Kaitlyn can not help but to belt out the songs (NOT IN TUNE) Steven isn’t as loud but the two of them..Oh My. Then all of a sudden Tressa starts crying hysterically. As if she is hurting badly. She can not catch her breath to tell me what is wrong and is gasping to the point others start to assist with her.. Asking if we need medical assistance..I HAVE NO IDEA.. she then gets out..”I can’t see TROY” I am stunned. Remember we are in the front row. She still is crying while everyone is moving chais and making she she has a clear view. She looks me straight in the eye and says with such emotion “I can’t see TROY” this time it comes across like a question. I have her moved next to me and I am rubbing her to try to get her to slow down and talk. She is still gasping for breaths. We are able to talk and it come apparent that in her mind we were going to a place…a world THE WORLD of High School Musical… the place she sees in the videos and TV there as his friend. In the school, in the gym and at his home.. HIS WORLD … as I try to explain it helps a little and I have to repeat much of it over and over as she really had it in her mind she was going to be his best friend. WOW… the theater manager tells me to have the kids stay put after the show. I hold out and when all the other people have left the building the cast comes out all of them!!! Troy was wonderful. Once he learned what had happened they hid from Gabriella and played with each other as he explained to Tressa he doesn’t live there. He told her he lives up near Boston (New York) and he has his own family like se does. He told her Gabriella is his friend but what they did on the stage is pretend. The entire cast was hugging, talking to and sharing their love with all the kids. Signing their autographs and fulfilling the kids’ dreams. AWESOME! After the show and meet n greet the girls went home with Connie for a girls sleep over and the boys and I went home to make a boys night something..



Saturday August 30th 2008 TOMORROW

The kids have been working so hard to get the points to attend High School Musical. Their points from school, behavior charts and keeping their rooms clean and chores up. The stakes were high as the event for us was a HUGE DEAL.

I had to take Steve and Kaitlyn to bowling for their last practice before county games are announced. I am using the drinks for focus..They have to make their 30 pins prior to me getting their drink. Kaitlyn got 3 spares in a row. She was on a hot streak. This is such a wonderful time for the three of us. When the little ones come it is work. Tressa struggles getting the ball down he lane each time and Jordan wears out after the first game so then I am working to keep them in line or busy.. the week I took them all DISASTEROUS. Medwaiver sends help to the house during bowling so that I can have this time with them.


August 28th thru 29th 2008-09-08




August 27th 2008
8:30 am meeting at Kaitlyn’s middle school to get things back on track so she can attend school and be successful inclusive… The team seemed to be workable although the plan will show as time passes. Everyone seemed very amenable. Her past teacher in Ele school attended and offered long time assistance if they need added supports. I was unable to get to the FICCIT meeting because of many mishaps… I do not have an address where I am suppose to be and then the 800 number is not answering. UGH
I need to regroup and get ready for the Focus group tonight which I am leading with Heather. We need to gather information about the cuts to our med waiver into tiers and many families just do not understand the tiers cuts. I am praying that I do not loose anything as my life is so much more meaningful for myself and my children with the supports we get as a family through the Developmental Disabilities Med waiver program. It is critical for our family.