Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Mom, My teacher is so mean.......

Tressa comes up to me as we are preparing for morning (clothes picked out, shoes at the door, book bags in order and in place) Mom, I do not want to go to school tomorrow.

I ask her why? Tress says; ,Mom, Mrs. McKenney is so mean. I ask her, She is mean, how is she mean? Tressa replies; She says to sit in my seat, line up, time for reading, and all that stuff. She makes me stay in my seat Mom.

OK, so not to be disrespectful to teachers..I DID NOT LAUGH! wanted to.

I start to explain that it is her job to teach her and if everyone was able to just get out of their seat and do what they wanted she would never learn to read. She wouldn't be able to learn to count or know about the world. So I explained she would never be able to go buy her own plane ticket, get to the airport, get on a plane and fly around the country visiting all her friends... She responds; Oh she is going to teach me to do that?... I tell her it is going to take a few teachers and some time because at 6 years old we have to sit in our chairs, learn to be in lines and learn about words and numbers to build up to traveling by herself to see her friends.