Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A very nice Fireman... pays it forward....



I am not sure how this photo will turn out on the blog, I am without my camera this week. This was taken from my phone. It is Tuesday night so our night to pick up charity bread. Because I am out of one of Jordan's night time meds he didn't fall asleep before I was to leave so he went along. As we pulled into the store a big White dual cab pick up truck pulled in. This nice looking firm firefighter stepped out and Jordan confronts him "HEY YOU GOT MY TRUCK" The man smiles and walks on, I say to Jordan "He is Just borrowing it, it's OK" The man chuckles.... then turns around and key clicks the truck...The kids and I load the van of bread...The man then walks over and watches us return the carts to the store and asks me what his name is..I tell him Jordan... He says "Jordan you can not have my truck but you can have my firefighter bag..It is a little dirty because it has gone to a lot of fires with me...you take good care of it"...Jordan asks him "why?" Jordan is looking for affirmation he is now a Firefighter..I being the mom know this.. The man said because I want you to have it for your stuff..Jordan puffs out his chest and is excited to get to the van..He races to unzip the bag as we exit the parking lot "MOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM" Where's my boots???? My Hat??? and he is motioning putting on big boots and hat..Kaitlyn chimes in, Mom where is Jordan's boots and fire hat so h can be a Fireman? I told them it is only a bag, that Jordan can put his stuff in it but he has to go to Firefighter school to get a hat and boots...I was quickly reminded NO YOU DON'T.... Walmart has it for Halloween..... Yep! Jordan was a Fire Fighter for Halloween, I only pray they forget before the drive home ends so I am not digging out Halloween costumes to calm this down..... LOL I see the one med kicking in ...He is moving to the couch and the thumb is in the mouth.....He is going going GONE! Good night Jordan, sweet dreams fighting those fires tonight.