Friday, November 14, 2008

It is written into my planner "today is the day to stay home and clear the clutter."... I have always had the ten minute madness rule. If you have never done this it is amazing what a household can clear up (pick up and put away) around the house with a timer going for ten minutes and made to be a game for fast fast fast... you can literally get your house picked up and presentable in ten minutes with everyone working it. It even becomes more productive over time when the kids have a "spot" to focus on. This started back when we were a foster home and got the call "I am on my way" I KNOW I KNOW normal households are not spotless if they are living healthy lifestyles but my OCD shines in some areas and this is one. Trust me there is dust, something under the couch and bedrooms which need attention...but when the front door opens I do not go into anxiety mode....LOL

ALL THE KIDS IN SCHOOL today, yippee... We are holding on to the semi annual cold and cough longer than I 'd like. I believe the handling of all the money and in the face of all the public at the return to SW FL time is adding to this. When the seasonal residence flock back into the city the locals are exposed to virus' from all our the world as we are a vacation destination. Lucas got his flu shot the other day while at the Doctors.

The fundraising for the holiday party has become a job. It is so humbling to hear how others are having it right now, we are all fortunate who have our heads above water. I remember last year how grand it felt to host this party for the community and yesterday it started for this season. I listened to a women who has faith as the only answer why she is holding on to optimism for life. This party will be spectacular for families here.

I smell coffee...