Monday, November 24, 2008

THANKSGIVING LUNCH W/ STEVEN

I am off to Steven's classroom for their feast. It is a "Buddie" program Steven's teacher has advocated to be involved in. It is bringing gen ed students and kids with special needs together throughout the school day for friendships. Today the parents on each of the "Buddies" will meet.

I have been to many trainings on this program and have not yet seen it work locally. It is exciting to see the beginning. I just wish it was NATURAL for our country to just be inclusive... a shame we have to create situations but HEY it is a start.

Tomorrow is cast off and redo the x-rays for decisions on if Jordan will need surgery. I am praying the bone has healed for all our sakes.

The morning has been one hand bleach bottle spray and the other a rag.. I washed baseboards and got that grimy part of the refrigerator on the bottom off and bleach white clean. mirrors are Windex and now off to a prepared lunch.. camera is in my purse.

If you hear hesitation...... this is no secret that I resist this classroom setting and it is difficult for me (life skills) I am in denial that I even have a child in this setting although for all the reasons he is there I am OK and confused on how I should deal with it.. It goes against everything inside my heart....but this is about him. A discussion I will postpone until a later time. Today i am going to celebrate all we have, all this school and teacher have done for him and the fact that this new program is starting because this teacher really is trying.