Sunday, November 9, 2008

Simple things in life we do not even think about.

How many of us really think about our kitchens??

I was able to leave mine unlocked and move freely for 2 days and today I must admit it was a tug to have it locked completely. Not such a tug when you feel the struggles brought on from it not being locked. SO a little out of step my first hours back on although now like an old shoe.

The kids had a wonderful time, were happy to see me and tell me about their weekend. Tressa especially giving details with all the hype and fine detail. Her hair was french braided down both sides of her head to cover the odd hair cut job. Her 7th Birthday weekend will forever be her first camp experience. She told me she cried a little but her nurse told her first time campers usually cry their first time... Tressa's version is she got bit by a bug the nurse couldn't find... the more likely story. Tressa is highly allergic to bug bites and has two bites on her side. No one would know other than the day after a knot forms where the bug saliva is. She would not have a problem sleeping away from me for a weekend....any where, with almost anyone. Her first account was cereal this morning and toast, THANKSGIVING DINNER last night and all the foods specifically along with not forgetting the small one piece of pizza I agreed to Friday night.

The report from camp is that they were all perfect. Jordan surprised them and Steven didn't speak the entire weekend. Keirsten reports Kaitlyn was a handful of attitude... It all went past too fast as they report as well. Their clothes smelled of camp fire which was a grand memory smell for me. Many High School bon fires have lasting memories in my mind.

The new puppy (stuffed) was the favorite gift and her name is RIVER of course. Tressa's, River, a female stuffed black lab puppy. .