Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My schedule has taken a nose dive

The morning has set the day into a tail spin.

We got to the orthopedic surgeon on time, Jordan's arm is not healing. The break looks the same. The bone is not healing according to the time frame bone is suppose to form new bone naturally after a break. I made a "funny" stating his bones must also have Down syndrome.... he didn't get it??? (takes a little longer) maybe later in the day he got it??? The Doctor asked me how he would do in a temp cast, one that would be able to be removed, to allow the arm/elbow to move about.. I explained it might be on a total of five minutes a day if it is, CHOICE. The eye path is one of the toughest medical treatments next to him wearing/refusing to wear glasses I have had to deal with. Nothing more than his cooperation. He can not stand the work it takes to use his weak eye. My vision, if the real cast is not placed on him, is that we get home and with in 24 hours we have a more severe break. I was informed that 2 more weeks is max for the cast because at that point it is dangerous for the arm/elbow to be immobile for so long. The break was October 12th and it is November 25th with no use of the elbow/muscles all that time. Jordan chose purple this time for his cast color, it went to red and blue but when the final decision was asked he said purple.... I had hoped for green since he is a "tree" in the school play..LOL practical mom thinking.

Tressa had a great day, she received a beautiful pen with fiber optic pink spoofing out the top... from the treasure chest for good behavior...YEAH TRESSA.
I have to blog on her practice for her part in the school Holiday play which will be Dec. 9th. She has 2 lines..(assigned to her) and then four songs to learn. I had to get a copy of the CD because it was hard to help teach songs when you don't know the tune. The kids' school is great about things like that. Well, it was obvious we need a lot of practice. Jordan belts outs LOUD sounds (not in tune)..Tressa squeals words at her rate..With a little help we will have it down by play night. Tressa just needs to be confident in the words to keep up and I need to cut about 3 words off each sentence for Jordan to sing words not sounds. Focus on the first and last word to say properly. This will be a fun experiment. I will try to do a video on the blog.

I am wide awake... and see the time it is... Michelle stopped by to take the kids out for dinner. Denny's (kids eat free on Tuesdays.) So they get to practice ordering and requesting. It is getting much better, their voices are louder, their requests are understood and they are requesting refills to the point it is almost too often. Tressa did well with choices and remained calm with the entire meal. I need to figure a way to slow her down. She eats way too fast. Maybe teach her to count between bites?? Maybe she can ask each person how their day was before taking the next bite? She loves to talk! That just might work...

I fell asleep at 7:30 pm and need to do final close of the housekeeping. Mandie comes in the morning (no school) and I have Lucas in the hospital for a swallow study to get speech services rolling. He gags on food not soft or through the processor and they want to be sure nothing medical is going on before they push on with oral therapy at school. I watch him..I lay the money on LAZY! He is just like Steven when it comes to food. Easiest road to take. enter the mouth and swallow....chewing takes energy... working muscles they don't want to work at... Muscles you and I don't even think about using. It seems odd when he is a thumb sucker, I would think that uses those muscles but I guess they are not the same ones.

until tomorrow.. Sleep.