Tuesday, November 18, 2008



My morning routine. Five am to Five thirty Tressa wakes up for the day needing to rinse herself from an overnight pull up. Even if she empties herself before bed she wets and many nights #2. Once she is in the tub, I start their lunches and Lucas' breakfast which all get made and packed for school. This morning Jordan woke up which is not usual and he said he needs a snack. This starts the balance of our routine shifting. Tressa hears and wants her grapefruit for a snack. (She got a grapefruit from the tree last night) I quickly get kitchen duty over to lock up. The morning medications are complete the deadbolt is locked..Hench, Jordan's "snack" locked inside and he is not mentioning anything,,,, He must not have been that hungry. He is really packing on weight now at the age of 8 when he has been skin and bones up until this point. I remember the Doc telling me I needed cookie parties before bed to get weight on him..
On to getting teeth brushed and clothes on.. We use to get clothes on first then I would change half of them for having tooth paste on their shirts. So once their faces are washed teeth brushed potty over and ready to get dressed we are like robots... one at a time assembly line they do as much as they can (some of them) and I finish by tightening shoe laces, adjusting pants, checking belts, then to their hair. Tressa HATES HATES HATES to have her hair brushed. I mean it sounds like she is being tortured which sets others into stress so I try very hard to have her hair as much done the night before after her shower. Some times I braid it into small sections which last 2 days. It is a nightmare to deal with. Lucas and Jordan are easy and Steven can manage his own morning care although leaning over him during piano this morning his hair smelled like outside and sweat... Sorry teachers..the bus was coming so we sprayed with body fresh after shower... Hope that didn't make it worse. He also is just getting use to wearing deodorant every day and many I think he misses. He is 11 but needs the protection.
Once the bus comes 6:45 the three little ones are off and Steven starts his piano. (He is not into it) Kaitlyn jumped on first today and he thought he was getting out of practice. Actually Steven would love it is I just let him play in the water and sand his entire life and not seek anything from him.. Well not true, he enjoys his "chores" It is rewarding to him to have responsibility. He cleans his room, takes out the garbage everyday and out to the road and back for pick up. I want to get him recycling next. I remember when he was little his chore was to turn off the lights in rooms no one was in. Took it serous. Lucas has that chore now and keeping the garbage can lid shut. He seeks it when he enters rooms. Lucas doesn't have the whole concept people in the room and not yet, it will come. Light are off a lot.. it is getting dark early now so it has become annoying although I told the kids the response he gets, reinforces his action. He turns off the light, they are scream.... He laughs and runs off only to return and turn the light off again.
With the three gone, Steven's bus comes about 7 am, use to be 15 after but now it is earlier. Keirsten is tough to wake up now and I put coffee on for the smell can help rise her. She gets herself ready for school with some morning on target and others... She does not see the importance in taking her ADHD medication although admits her life is out of control when she does not take it.. Has trouble with her mind she says. OK, then help me out at almost 15 why would the two not connect... on medication things go better, off medications out of control.. This is a pit fall in some morning between her and I. She doesn't want me to watch her take it like a little girl but if I don't she goes out into the kitchen, gets distracted and "forgets" to take it and then off the bus 5 days for acting up in the morning, out of school for disrespect verses perfect reports when on medication.... HELP!
Kaitlyn who is 14 is primping herself in the bathroom during this time and many days packing her book bag with things that SHOULD NOT GO TO SCHOOL. I have to be very careful about her packing. Some calls from school have been extremely embarrassing.
Keirsten leaves for her bus at 8 and Kaitlyn's bus comes at 8:45. She has ample time to practice piano and clarinet.
9:00 am I am in front of the washing machine, dishwasher, bathrooms etc with a cup of coffee near by. I have a routine for the house t stay on top of things. I must say it hasn't been going as smooth with the extra volunteering. I have put in about 32 hours each of the past two weeks volunteering to the community holiday party and it shows.