Friday, November 28, 2008

Lazy day after...

The kids get up so darn early...... the little ones.

We used to push it back to 8 am ( stay in your rooms until 8 am house rule)...what happened to that?? I try my darnedest to hold them until 7 am now. Kaitlyn and Keirsten would sleep until 2 PM if left alone (most weekends.)

Actually Kaitlyn got up just before lunch and seemed upset that she isn't getting breakfast "FIRST" she came running out to the kitchen when I announced that lunch would be ready in five minutes that she didn't have breakfast. Breakfast is first mom; she said. I had her look at the clock and explained breakfast was hours ago... it is lunch time.

No crazy shopping for me this year. I had laps of anxiety feeling I missed a great deal somewhere. I hopped on to the computer a couple of times, sent things to the "shopping basket" walked away and when I came back they didn't seem important today. I need to focus on getting the life insurance paid and the van insurance and this month is new tag/title renewed...not fun to land in December each year. SO the three pack of High School musical Barbies didn't seem the important purchase today, I tried hard to get the dual pack of Guitar hero III Wii for their big gift but it just didn't happen...(SOLD OUT) was the theme.

Yesterday in conversation Keirsten stated this year it is different . When we need to buy like a new pair of tennis shoes we have to save and think about it, plan for a purchase like tennis shoes... I think she is getting it??? NO MORE CREDIT CARDS/ NO MORE EQUITY LOSS IN OUR HOME! We live with in our means. It is much easier said, than living, when the kids were use to never hearing; "Not today."

Time to turn my attention to the kids. Have a wonderful weekend.