Sunday, November 30, 2008

reality rocked me today

Tressa and I went to the store to get her glasses adjusted one last time for school tomorrow. We grabbed a couple items from the near by grocery store and headed back to the van. As we were exiting the store a little boy about her age said "look how fat that girl is" The Mother hit the boy up side his head and we walked on. Once outside, Tressa said to me; "Did you hear what that boy said to me?" I asked her what he said, "He said mean words to me" I was in a place I was prepared to be at that moment. SHE IS SEVEN..... I said; Oh I think he said something about his mom because I saw her hit him upside his head for saying something. Tressa then goes on to tell me that kids in her class say the same mean words. She said one boy moved his seat to not sit by her. My heart broke and out of no where I said...Would you like to just stay home with me so people wouldn't say mean things to you???? If I could have taken those back and said something with more wisdom I wish I may I wish I might I wish I hadn't said that tonight...LOL Really it isn't the answer... I told her it isn't nice for people to Say anything bad to others if they hurt their feeling. Some times kids just do not have manners. She said she loves school very much and soon she will be a teenager..not sure where she was going with it...but the subject was getting lighter. I asked her if she wanted me to work harder with her on her diet? She didn't say much more, just talked about other subjects... She is seven years old for heavens sake. I never thought this would start in first grade. I think maybe I need to make extra effort to dress her in upscale outfits other kids will wish they had and over look she might be a bit heavier than the average although she isn't the heaviest child I have seen on campus... I am struggling with this at such a young age. LOOK YOUR BEST is going to be my motto for her.. then she will feel her best. She has great self esteem and if we focus on keeping that high we can get through these moments by talking... now I need to get prepared for these type incidences.

Now I need to find some great places to shop for her.... More focus at Ross I think. Jr petite stlye.