Thursday, November 20, 2008

PWS parenting-partnering with others

I called the school. Tressa's Principle is out for the day in a training so I am going to speak to Mrs....the assistant principle whom Tressa stole from. I have not had a lot of contact with this asst. so not sure how it will go. I explain Tressa's actions and she responds with no emotion that she was unaware it was missing. That some one had given it to her and she meant to put it into her drawer. She went on to say Tressa was not in her room for anything bad. That the school play they are all gearing up for gets to be to long for Tressa and so when her piece is done she hangs out with the asst principle in her office and office area.... It was light and she asked me if the chocolates hurt Tressa.?????????????????????????????????????? I informed her they are gone. I went into explanation on how much we do to PREVENT and part of this is areas Tressa is aloud to enter are secure. Yes, we have mishaps and at that point we readjust our preventions. It as clear the Principle has not shared his insight on this disability to his upper staff to the extent they need to be aware. I will have him deal with his staff as HE KNOWS WHERE I COULD GO WITH THIS. I am sure he understands it is serous enough to call it putting her life in danger. NEGLECT?? possible so we need to educate and pre-think . This is the red flag that "enough" is not in place at school.