Thursday, January 29, 2009

a different resolved school related issue

My 15 year old has severe ADD. If you have not parented a child with this you can not grasp the day to day struggles especially when teenage hormones rage into the equation.

Since school has started she has pushed limits on the school bus and tested the medication by not taking it many days without my knowledge. On the bus she has a personality clash with the driver.

1st referral she got kicked off the bus for throwing a piece of paper out the window giving bus route changes. I then had to drive her and pick her up. She paid dearly at home for my time and trouble.

2nd referral she was too noisy on the bus and again I had to drive her and pick her up. I questioned the school on "noisy" but know she can be a bit trying at times and the ride home meds are wearing off.

3rd referral was some sort of physical altercation?? I never really understood because she is in no way aggressive physically and is a size zero but I drove her and picked her up... she paid the consequences on my end.

meanwhile this drive finds pleasure in taunting her. He drives past her stop by a block or two so she has to walk farther to get home. He laughs as he is doing this.
She has limited ability to hold her calm when provoked and because her life started in foster care prior to my adopting her I am sure she holds some fear of adults when the situation becomes unclear of safety. I am speculating here, Here nor there this is a school employee driving a bus full of kids finding some sort of pleasure in antagonizing. Well last week he chose to dive more than 5 blocks past our stop again laughing about her rising anxiety.. He does turn around and return to the stop only leaving one block difference..THEN the next day she gets a 10 day kick off the bus for yelling "Shut the F--- up" and not clear if it was to him or someone else AND I DO NOT APPROVE... I did nothing the first week and make her consequences for my driving her as always...no electronics..no phone, no psp, no tv, no nothing...during the days I have to drive her. I am also adding the gas expense to her for doing extra chores.

I just got in touch with the District and they have a GPS system to track to show this bus drivers behavior and indeed met with him and he has agreed not to do this again.....