Sunday, January 11, 2009

Tressa is home, I am calm.

I picked her up; where I found her in a room all alone at the back of the house. The other girls were putting on costumes and running about the house. A couple of the girls were dressed in costumes swinging on a tire swing in the front yard when we pulled up. Tressa was in the back room watching TV (her favorite sport/activity) I am not sure if Tressa even tried to get into costume (they most likely wouldn't fit) It appeared she had wet badly as the smell was strong in the room she was in. When discussing the sleep over, Tressa slept in the little girls bed, in her room alone as the first to fall asleep. The other girls slept in the TV room together on the floor with multiple pillows and blankets(still evident.) Tressa said she didn't want to sleep out there, she wanted to sleep in trinity's bed and watch Disney on TV....She was beaming with joy and said she had a great time. Tressa said Trinity loved the petshop items Tressa chose for the gifts. (Trinity didn't acknowledge my picking Tressa up) The girls with the party did not walk her to the door nor say good bye.... I guess it is all a new for many..??? Tressa believes she had a great time... that was my goal along with her coming through it safe!

Next sleep over will be at our home so that I can have help to engage Tressa into more appropriate sleep over interactions. Make the environment fun for all and yet safe for Tressa... A plan for early summer where the pool can be the focus.