Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My project has started

I have begun a huge project, (for me) to build a wall of solid wood book shelves out of stain ready lumber. I have my table saw, the drill(s), electric screw driver, jigsaw, caulk/glue, screws, level, square, "electric tape measure" didn't even know they made these...lol and my 8 foot pieces of lumber; 11-1x16's (frame and lower shelves for kids books/board games); 2-1x20's (the shelf where two computer stations-play station game system/flat screens and the fax, phone, copier machine, etc) , 8-1x12's (my resource books and my book area) and 5-1x8's (DVD's, VHS and CD-ROM at the top for safe keeping) and finished added corners to make it all look finished, I have 4-4x8 veneers I think they called them..looked like what I envisioned I should use to line the back of the shelf because part of the wall is concrete and some not and I have sealed over an old doorway. (This room addition use to be the back porch plus some years ago.) There is an electrical outlet that is getting installed (by a professional) into three elec. outlets along the shelf 1x20x14. I am SOOOO excited about this getting put in.

Mandie didn't have her camera with her yesterday and mine is broken, no photos yet. On Thursday I can get some beginning photos. The kids thought all the lumber made for a good obstacle course last night. No worry, all the electrical tools are locked in the kitchen. The tape measure is a HIT and is being used by all. I found it at Walmart marked $4.00 down from $29.00... must not be manly to have a button to push to make the tape extract and return by pressing another button...lol The kids have no idea what I am doing. Not sure I do either other than, Lowe's was impressed with my sketch, measurements and shopping list. Said I was in and out with a project and sure of myself more than many men they see come in...LOL He was old and told me I looked really good too so take it for face value, yesterday was by far not one of my better dressed/looking days.

The girls are almost ready to get to school so it is Tool time here on the home front and the computer time will be less until evening. I will give updates on the kids tonight.