Thursday, January 8, 2009

Quick updates

Update on kids.... get a cup of coffee

The older kids are all good; I have talked to them all over the past few weeks. They all have their families and adult lives keeping them busy and less dependant on Mom, all good!

Keirsten is, well 15...need I say more? Some days this cute little girl strolls out the front door to 8th grade in middle school and comes home this whole nother person who I have no knowledge of. Disrespectful, non compliant, LAZY! She likes being back at school as her social circle is there and I really can't limit that time like at home. The make up I have got to let go of my issues with it... I say she has way to much eye makeup and at the same time she is complimented she did a great job with her eye makeup by someone else... The girl is beautiful without make up and the make up is't doing her skiln any good at 15.... OK I am letting it go...

Kaitlyn ad a rough start this week back to school. I am not sure why they didn't call me Monday as the planner came home that she cried all morning wanting Mom.... I feel I should have been called for this..... I get called when they are acting out..(never Kaitlyn) She said she missed me...On Tuesday she came home with a broken mouth piece and note from her Band teacher.. I believe thi happened Monday and this is the tears that she shed. Really, She is 14 has NEVER cried for mom when at school... she LOVES school. She loves Band and playing her clarinet most. I had ought a pack of 10 reeds while she was at school so that brought smiles and the...the actual mouth piece is cracked and a piece broke off and is gone. I can fix it, Mandie has some stuff that fixes EVERYTHING. So she is happy her clarinet is getting fixed. Seems she is dong better at school. She is such a LOVING TEENAGER it is nice to still have those moments at her age...Don't get me wrong we have out rage hormones and some moments are intense although she can turn it around and be my sweet young lady with a hug from mom.

Steven is dealing with a major ear infection and having difficulty hearing.. It started when I was finding myself repeat four and five times while he was looking straight at me... No expression so you knew he wasn't doing it on purpose. The Doctors on Tuesday confirmed and he is on meds (horse pills) I had to help get the first on down and from that point he swallows with a drink. He loves school although more so playing outside pouring dirt... I kid you not, he digs holes in my yard like a puppy. I bought sand to fill in this HUGE hole he had dug in my yard over break and I find him moved to another spot starting another hol in the grass--now dirt... I brought him back to the sand and showed him how to use all the trucks and sand toys... About an hour later he took his cup and hid behind the play house digging yet another hole in the yard......LOL Mandie reminded me of this dog years ago I took back to the shelter because he would dig his way out of the backyard ...LOL

Jordan is just Jordan... we have our ups and downs and right now we have had several months of quality time with him that the onset of Holidays (about 2 months ago) he started and has progressed into some negative behaviors. We go to see his neurologist today to discuss things He has impulse issues here and at school. I am hoping she has some good suggestions. The planned ignored behavior isn't working at this point. He upstages to the point it is almost a test of wills. He will not let go of his role as the "baby" and he is getting so big. Th climbing on my lap and sucking his thumb.... He is Huge.

Tressa is doing better at school than prior to break but she still has some serous issues going on. I got a call yesterday that help is here with the school district and they have assigned extra support to get things right. She is into some very distracting behaviors and OCD is holding her .. She gets fixated on something and can not let it go to move forward on what she is suppose to be doing.. and if you keep her directed the tears flow and she can get nasty. It is planning and keeping things around her simplified and follow through with what you say.

Lucas is doing better every day..He is giving them at school a time with the feeding because I send very EASY food to school and he doesn't eat for them and is so hungry when he gets hoe he eats three or four times from 3 pm till bed 8pm. I mean meal amounts. If I don't he looses weight..right before break I ha stopped to see and he quickly lost 8 lbs and for him that is A LOT. He learns more and more every day.

Need to run to the Doctors...