Monday, January 5, 2009

HOME alone..It's all about ME!

The kids are all off to school, I poured a bowl of flakes with fresh blackberries on top..NO ONE asked for a bite, I did not get interrupted while I ate my breakfast nor dealt with any spills...The phones are off, the house is completely silent. I have a cup of fresh coffee in front of my laptop, I have taken a shower and used the restroom WITH OUT ANY ONE knocking, coming in or screaming .... I am home alone.

It was a bit of a decision this morning when the buses all rolled away and that bottle of Asti is chilled ready to be opened....BUT one little boy who some how missed the bus sat looking out the window of our front room an hour after he should have been gone???? His bus comes to our front door and he was ready and hour prior to arrival time???? He now needs a ride to school, which would be me. So the moments it took for that trip to his school, I weighed the Asti morning to a take care of me morning and I WON! Now it is approaching noon, the count down to 2:20 when buses return is on. I scan the house and Oh my goodness what train wrecked here??? Oh, it was me taking care of me and not the routine to keep on top of things related to house and kids.... LOL Needless to say I will pour another tall Mr. Snowman (coffee cup) and get the house cleaning music on so that I get into the Housekeeper mode.

Thanks for sharing my cup of coffee, lots of new projects are coming and you will be with me as I build a wall of wood bookshelves 14 feet wide 7 feet 10 1/2 inches tall with varied widths to hold everything I have imagined it will hold...a miracle wall with 2 computer stations for the kids... to be continues..............