Friday, January 16, 2009

My wall unit (shelves) are perfect!!!!

I am so thrilled even if it is half completed, I have unloaded all the books we have had packed away while I dreamed of this getting done for years... You have NO IDEA how this makes me feel. I have put up 28 feet TWENTY EIGHT FEET of upright books on shelves and I am not even done!!! The kids got so excited to see their books all available. I had been getting a box out and packing one back and now they can see them all... A REAL LIBRARY in our home. the computer stations put us at another stopping point. We want to do this perfect so we are going to use pegs as supports. It is turning out better than I had really thought. Linda is the key, she is helping me take my time, do each piece until perfect and has all the tools to do it perfect.

I have to buy two new computer towers and one 19 inch flat screen to mount because the ones we have are too old to connect and some parts missing...I had a friend of a friend "tune the towers up" and now Linda discovered parts missing. This is a little set back. She said the Playstation 2 station needs a flat TV small and not to hook into the computer; again, I am learning. One day at a time. I have the vision of the end result!! We are going to continue more on Monday. I hope to get photos...I am sure no one is going to lend me their camera so I have to depend on others to stop by and take pics and email them to me..LOL

Kaitlyn and Keirsten are spending the night with Michelle and my other four are sound asleep as I continue to sort through the books which will go on the top half of the wall unit. Most of the top half will be reference books and books for lending which deal with Adoption, Disabilities, Self help issues and Parenting.

I need to call a young man who has continued to be a good friend. (I dated his Dad) He is 30 and has Down syndrome. Off for now..photos as soon as any come in to me...I am camera-less.