Saturday, January 10, 2009

Tressa's first Birthday party invite (sleep over)w/classmate

OK, the title of this post is more than I am even able to handle saying, let alone blogging.

Yesterday at school her friend Trinity sent home an invitation to her Birthday party for today and it is a sleep over..I have not met this family formally and am very reserved on my children staying anywhere today... Ok, I am over kill.... I looked through public records to verify who owns the home, have they been arrested, are there any court hearing about this family... All seems clear.. Now Ii am short on time and a busy day outside of the short party notice..

Tressa held the card in her lap reading it over and over the entire ride home on the bus. She couldn't even get the words out about this invite she was so excited that the bus driver had to help her tell me. He body was shaking and she had to tell the neighbors, show EVERYONE her invitation.. She would tell anyone who we came in contact with it is her first Birthday party invitation (even the key maker at the Walmart sire and lube) Yeah, he listened and congratulated her.. Everyone responds to her. I am shaking inside about her going to a BIRTHDAY PARTY. they are full of FOOD, I call the Mom and try hard not to totally freak her out so she says it might be best she not come.... Tressa has now learned her VERY BEST FRIEND EVER (this week) has rsvp'd. I call the behavioral person who comes over and we talk to Tressa. It seems we can say sleepover but I will go get her at 9 pm.. because of the waking up in the middle of the night. I call the family to explain.. They have already made a plan. They are having the Grandparents and extended family come over and stay so that an adult will be awake through out the night... they continue to tell me not to worry. They comment that they have raised a child with ADHD and know how food can play into behaviors. PWS is so complex I do not dare try to do a full course on PWS in this women's Birthday planning time.. I am a wreck and it is time for Tressa to go.. Tressa HAS CLEANED HER ROOM!!! Anyone who knows Tressa knows this means a lot to her; SHE NEVER CLEANS HER ROOM.. Oh I thought that would clench it. If her room wasn't clean by 2pm she couldn't go and no 2nd warnings.. Oh my gosh, and she took a shower, brushed her hair, let Mandie braid it without even a slight complaint... Oh please help me get through this... do I let her go, what if??? What if??? So It is time to go. She has her overnight bag, her purse with her toothbrush and personal items, her gift and some bottles of flavored waters.. Her face is beaming! She is so happy and I am terrified inside. I drive to where I think the house is located.. WRONG. I am now late. I wanted to be early to talk, I am getting later...later..maybe this is a sign...I will tell her I can not find it..they are not answering their phone??? A sign, she shouldn't go, I am taking her home.. A true battle inside my gut. It becomes clear where the house is. Tressa has figured it out. We passed 8th and there is no through street to 9th and I am driving knowing I am in the area and asking for spiritual help to make this decision and out of her mouth comes..Mom, it was 8 and 10 GO BACK, MOM GO BACK... I knew we had to go around a canal to get to the right road now..do I deceive her and make it seem I can not find it???? No, I drove to the house with the balloons.... She is hopping out before I can put it in park. Her little girl friends come running out... there are a lot of cars.
Inside everyone introduces them self and the family assure me Tressa is going to be fine. I see a woman start packing up the dip and a man pour the chips back into the bag. The mom says to Tressa the girls have eaten so can she make her a plate to take out to the picnic table. She assures me they can handle it. OK, I am leaving, I made sure Tressa had my contact card in her purse and left my numbers with the Mom... I wish I had more time, I wish this wasn't so rushed...I am sick with worry.

I have gotten 3 calls, can we put some ointment on an ant bite Tressa says she has on her foot, then Tressa tells them she needs her medication (I gave it before we left) I explained .. then I felt I needed to tell her no matter what she is not to have epic ac, I now this lady must think I am nuts. If Tressa gets Epic ac it will kill her because her body will not vomit normal and it can cause her stomach to explode. Something like that.... I know, I am NEVER! EVER! to give it to her.. now why didn't I give this mom an ER book on PWS... I am thinking of everything I need to do now to be prepared for the next sleep over.. I need her PWS info cards re-done and an updated photo, a little packet simple to understand to go with her....

I really just want to go pick her up so I can sleep....it is going to be a long night!