Thursday, January 29, 2009

I need time to make a decision

My concerns have been found to be valid and they have made contact with the school and myself. I have the option of having added supports at the current school where two women in the inclusion district staff and the alternate assessment person would come to the school and modify the work to meet the access points.

If I am loosing any of you by "access points" it is what measures growth in learning to children not taking the FCAT, that have IEP's.. This in no way prohibits Kaitlyn from getting a standard diploma although she would need to pass the FCAT tests to be able to do that, meaning if for some reason she caught up to grade level we could administer the FCAT to her prior to her 22nd Birthday and she COULD get the standard diploma. For right now we are on alternate assessment to make her educational setting meaningful and rewarding to her.

look at the access information:

http://www.fldoe.org/asp/altassessment.asp


I will call district in the morning with my decision on placement.

Do I go for the matrix and file for MacKay scholarship?

Do I give her current placement another chance?

Do I visit other middle schools and switch Monday to a new school with the supports of the district for modifying to access points?


I feel like a fresh start is best right now...and what about the kids..if not one has invited her for a play date, birthday party, after school event or anything then their relationship on campus are not being cultivated as in the past. I feel like the placement has gone to sour...although Kaitlyn and I will talk about this after the little ones go to sleep. Thursday night is Mom and Kaitlyn night, she loves to watch Dr. Gray (Grey's anatomy) she gets all gitty. She is 14!