Saturday, January 3, 2009

Winter break near the end...We hit the ground running Monday

It is nearly noon and only one more day of winter break. I believe I have kept up the pace; well at least not tailing too far behind. I did notice a few board games out all at once and for whatever reason the kids know what "people" and cards go with which games when it comes time to play but during clean up it appears they forget and any which one goes in which ever box is open and near them...is this a developmental issue or just being kids??? KIDS! I thought once we got everything put away. I WANT TO PLAY CANDYLAND.....you got it.. all the pieces where not there and everyone is sitting ready to play.. When asked where the missing pieces are; "I don't know" "Steve did it" "What happened" are quick responses.... I went back to the cabinet put the boxes out on the table opened each one and heard. "there it is" "why did you do that" it took an additional 5 minutes to get things back in the right boxes then we were able to play. Do I think they will remember next time we clean up...no.

The kids are anxious to get back to school. We have a BIG decision to make as they are split on what to do tomorrow. A couple of the kids are invited to a Birthday party at Chuck E Cheese although not all. Then, the plan was to do a day trip out to the beach as a family. This has a split decision on which to attend. Right now it is beach. It is not possible to split them in 1/2 due to vehicle space and care taker availability. My next issue is that I have not seen the invitation and I believe it was RSVP and I haven't because the last day of school...well who knows where that invitation is now. I called CEC and they could not call the family to inform them of our rsvp so I would be taking a risk that all the children stay home and the two invited don't get to attend anyway. UGH! The little boy rides their bus so they will be able to give him his gifts Monday morning if we can not make it... Decisions....

I am doing laundry, sweeping under couches, tables, cabinets, pulling out all the known shove spots because I KNOW Monday morning I am going to hear; Mom where is my ??? I really wanted to wear my??? I can not find my????? and the buses will be out front ready to go!! And they will on be on it, every single one of them- Monday.... I have my 2nd bottle of Asti for Monday 9am along with a new CD Santa brought me. You know I have to be sober and together by 2:20pm.....LOL I am a planner!! January is one of my busiest months for appointments. We go to Jacksonville 2 times, Gainesville one and have about 16 local doctors appointments starting on January 6th.... hit the new year "running." I have a friend from Newport, RI coming into town wanting some time and Tressa is having a Birthfamily visit. I pray I haven't over looked an IEP or major meeting ... I think one was scheduled the 12th for Tressa but we will be in Gainesville for her clinics at SHANDS 2 days.