Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sadness came today

You know in life we meet people all the time, every now and again you come across a person who just gains a spot in your heart/memory. Today we learned a women in our life who we haven't seen in over a year, have had only limited time with, passed away in her sleep Thursday. She was one of those people who came into the room and electrified the atmosphere. She had the most positive attitude face on. Her voice was one you can just hear when thinking of and remembering our time with her; ever so short. She knew how to make the kids feel loved, and took the extra moment to listen to what you had to say. My time personally with her was very short although I can "at this moment" hear her voice and feel her presence because of how positive her life touched mine through one of my adoption.... She will forever be remembered in my heart..and be part of Tressa's history of great women in her past.

Tressa and I talked about her Aunt Leah this afternoon when I got the news. Death is a new concept for Tressa so we remembered the times out in Seattle where Aunt Leah came to see Tressa.

Here is what we came up with and sent to the email account we have for Aunt Leah....and pray cyber space delivers to the heavens...

Dear Aunt Leah,

I quivered. I shivered. Mom told me the news.
I wonder why He chose you so soon.
Your silliness when playing with me when I was little
you made me laugh like a tickle.
Only you could fill the shoes you wore
I know you’re okay, no pain with our Lord
But with each passing day I will say a prayer
asking God to take care of you anyway.
I miss you and love you,
In my hearts is where you’ll stay,
Until we meet again in Heaven someday.
Good-bye from Tressa