Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Let me tell you my friends..... STOP!

What is it this year about the debates that it seems so rehearsed. STOP, be themselves and let us know who you are REALLY. Oh my head was hurting over the "show" I want to hear real people talking about solving the issues.

So I looked forward to some straight talk about what each of their plans are so I can dive in and see which will help my circle of "friends" the best. I want this next four/eight years to be about the working class. I want morals and values brought back to our every day lives.. I want my children's doctors to make more money than Meredeth and Derek.... YES THE TV SHOW ABOUT DOCTORS who couldn't save a life if theirs depended on it. I do not want to ever hear of my neighbor putting a $1,500.00 ticket X 2 on her credit card to take her child to see a 15 year old music star.. PLEASE MY FRIENDS get a grip! If you feel the need to throw money to someone please find someone who is doing something to make our country better... some one who will invest them self in the future of our children and our country.

MAKE POSITIVE CHANGE! DO SOMETHING! If everyone just does a little something big things will change.

Ok, well I need sleep...lol I did get my hair colored today, the roots were showing some grey..

It was a good day, I got out to the store to find a GREAT buy. My Mom sent me $25.00 for my birthday at which time (Sept. 14th) I found the shirt I really liked but thought the price out of budget so I held the money and today the shirt was not only 40% off then the cashier asked me to fill out a credit card application for 20% off the remainder of the price of the shirt..I declined stating I have no intent to go into further debt. SHE GAVE ME SENIOR CITIZEN TUESDAY DISCOUNT! LOL I got the shirt 1/2 price, or better actually... Happy belated Birthday to me. SO then I go to my Doctors appointment to hear the results of the labs from last month.. I sit and no one is waiting.. I go right back and I wait. and I wait. The Doctor gives about 30 minutes for each patient, which I really like getting all my questions answered. Never feel rushed but the wait... so he comes in, looks through the labs and says. HIV antibodies... and stops.. He goes to his laptop and pulls up my last appointment.. MY HEART! I am not prepared to hear anything negative about HIV.. I am not feeling well instantly, I freeze and my mind starts racing...what is he doing???? I say nothing..He is talking out loud saying; well let me go to the narrative.. I need to pull up the forum page..?? I am not wanting to talk, just sitting there thinking Oh my goodness...Oh my goodness... You see he never ordered the HIV test. When I went into the lab I asked if they were able to add it just because I had never had one before and thought heck why not... I am from the old school before condoms were the normal protocol... and now....I am not feeling well... So, he reads me all the info I knew about my last visit and all..now he rolls over next to me to show me the three page lab results.. It starts with Cholesterol results which I know, my bad is high (not too high) and the good is high so it levels out to 5.0 ok so he says no fried foods...I never eat fried foods..I know I need to stop eating butter (THANKS MOM) and more importantly I need a mobile laptop...LOL I need to drop 20 lbs. I do need to get on my tread mill more often. Actually going out dancing drops weight off me like water. So, I am a little antsy and my mind racing on how I am going to handle HIV.... a little anxiety setting in rapidly, yet i am frozen from talking. We move to page two and EVERYTHING IS PERFECT, all levels perfect.. perfect... now he flips to page three.. HIV huge on the top and it says negative.. WHEW... I breath and start to smile..he then goes straight into the safe sex talk.. HELLO, I do not even remember my last sex experience, I haven't dated in a very long time... it was just a because I never had one before and a sense of security..SO I get the whole "talk" and inside I am a bit gitty because it all seems silly if he only knew where my mind had been the past ten minutes- I am exhausted!!...So I say I am using, abstinence. I say that word.. and he then says well you can have a friend you have known for a long time and trust but a condom is best even then.. I am ready to go! Please do not rub it in I can not get a date! I have 11 kids, no one needs to remind me...dating is what I watch on TV. He then in a very serious note says. You can not trust anyone here. HELLO, I know this! My cell phone has gone off a dozen times, it is raining and I really want out of this office, now... no more butter and I need to exercise! Ok, I get it! I will see you in 3 months with lower bad cholesterol..BYE! LOL

Driving home I had a good laugh. So Michelle was at the house needing a ride home with her crew. I was able to run erronds while driving her across town. The little ones watching DVD in the van so Mandie was scrubbing floors. Multi tasking is a great thing. I wanted to get out to the outdoor concert but it is raining. I will get out to see them Saturday night when Nancy is here. YIPEE. I am in such need to get out dancing. Yes 30 minutes a day!

When I tell the girls no more butter.... Mandie laughs and says you may as well drop dead now...LOL How in the world did I ever start that??? I crave butter, lituraly. Oh well one day at a time... I will pull out the serenity prayer from ACOA... it could be worse.

Now I really need sleep.