Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Lucas is americanized....

Let's make a deal morning... Yep! Miss Tressa. She must dream at night things to say... Mom how about I wear my High School musical outfit today and I promise I will be good all week...THE DEAL IS...you have a dry week then Friday (no school so Thursday) she wears the new outfit which was suppose to be for last week but she didn't make it. I bought some clearance items "fun clothes" as motivators. So we went back over staying dry... I think possibly she feared a smear mark as a deal breaker but the kids are fighting off the flu that Kaitlyn does have so that doesn't count. INTENTIONAL peeing in her clothes counts . So she can do it. The work issue seems to be working for mailing out her work at the end of the week...TWO DAYS!!! Good notes. YIPEE. Jordan has a cough and both kids had notes sent home about them being tired at school yesterday. They went to bed at 7:30 and up at 6 am which is plenty of rest although that flu is trying to invade.

LUCAS LUCAS LUCAS...... You know my kids are such pistols. The teacher called last night.. He is refusing to eat his "main dish" lunch and holding out for the pudding.... Being afraid he would eat nothing they gave in to the pudding and now that is the game. She said he throws the food on the floor and when it is put into his mouth (no not off the floor) he lets it just fall out....OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! I told her he is eating here chunks (soft) but not blended any more. She said he just won't do it there. I told her I will blend for school because I know how difficult it can be as he makes such a fuss at first.. Like you are asking him to walk a tight rope on one foot... DRAMA! You should see him... the tears, the body language of poor me...LOL
So we will hopefully get OT going at school and they can go in during lunch for him to get eating skills going at school. At first they might go into an OT room as he really can play it up, might frighten the other children. I know here i had to reaffirm I was not hurting him, he just doesn't want to chew.. Kaitlyn and Jordan couldn't handle the tears. Meanwhile--I blend for school lunches and I DO NOT SEND PUDDING! Rewards will be for chewing. If he can figure that out not to eat he will figure it out at home when he chews he gets pudding... He is a smart little boy and he has their number.